Progress Thread 1998 Gt Procharger Build--dyno And Track Numbers Inside

IMG_0238.JPG
More updates. Having issues since I thought I'd be cool and buy one of those cool gaskets for the rear.

Two wasted royal purple bottles is fluid later I am using silicone. Ugh. Now to let it sit overnight before I fill.

• Sponsors (?)

Haha. That might get you something here soon.

So I took the rear apart. Again.

The silicone didn't seal. I let it sit about 8 hours before filling. This time I'm going to not fill it until tomorrow. Ether the silicone was too old (only about a month old barely used tube) or it was too cold to properly cure. Either way it's annoying. Lol.

Race car drama over. Back to regularly schedule waiting on cams drama.

Good build thread and SEXY car! There's always some crap that goes wrong, that's just how it works lol. Bob Monks will take care of you, he knows his :poo:. My car is up there right now. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers you put down.

Last edited:
Got the trans and stall home last night. I've got a wiring harness to build tonight so I can control the lock up and over drive functions. I ordered a silver and a black button (so It's easy to explain to the wife which does what) of the same style since I now have to use latching).

Also, no Cams. :( I

That's cool, that's what I'm making at 6500 and Bob got it making 486 whp. I have Cobra rods and pistons like you. You might be able to make more, he said the P1SC that came with these Mach 1 kits are not as efficient as the regular P1SC. He will get as much as safely possible, I really can't say enough good things about him. Probably the best Ford tuner in a 1500 mile radius.

I just got the cam shipping notification so they will be delivered tomorrow. Hoping to have the time tomorrow eve to degree them and button up this motor. We are leaving in vacation at the end of the week so I doubt I have time to stab this motor back in the car since I have to prep my fifth wheel for the long haul etc.

IMG_0397.JPG
I've been down with the man flu and then out of town for ten days on vacation.

Finally got some garage time last night and made progress.

I'll hopefully mate the engine and trans wed eve and be ready for a motor install party fri night.

Reactions: 1 user