1998 Mach 460, Why isn't it as loud as the 99-04 "mach 460"?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
Just like the title says, why isn't as loud as the mach 460. I figured they were optioned the same, same speakers, amp output, etc. Since they all are "mach 460's".

I'm just not to impressed with the "mach" system in the 98.

I know my friends 2000 Gt is louder than both of the 98 Gt's I know of, and my other buddy with a 02 Gt is louder than the 00 Gt. Obviously something has been going on in the upgrades.

Any cheap ways to be like them or louder without anything crazy?

Thanks for any ideas:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

idk much about the mach systems however earlier today when i was googlig, i came across a pic of a 00-04 stang with a mach system that had 4 of the same amps in the back...i was actually gunna post a pic of it since i think thats a ridiculous thing to do if that came that way

if u dont have 4 amps like the 99-04s might, theres ur difference

-=NightHawk=- said:
idk much about the mach systems however earlier today when i was googlig, i came across a pic of a 00-04 stang with a mach system that had 4 of the same amps in the back...i was actually gunna post a pic of it since i think thats a ridiculous thing to do if that came that way

EDIT: then again, i think i recall seeing "MACH 1000" somewhere in the trunk, oh well :rolleyes:

EDIT #2: when u quote urself to edit what u said, u know at that moment that you are too tired and suck at the internet :(

I believe mine has the mach 460 because it has the 2 amps in the back of the trunk. Mines a 96 and when I turn the radio up it is so loud. I do have a Alpine head unit though so that is probably what tweaked it so much. Like I listen to my music pretty loud but by the time my radio says it is at 3 it is way louder than my Nissan at 20 its crazy. I dont usually listen to my radio in my Mustang because I like to listen to the exhaust, but in my Nissan I always listen to the radio:shrug:

Other than mine, the only other i've really actually listened to and messed with enough to judge, was a '98 GT. And, well, my '99 sounds a hell of alot better. Actually, it sounds fantastic, I dunno if all sound good, but, the previous owner of my car before me ( 57 yr old guy/original owner) must not have used it much, all the buttons are nicely new looking, not worn like all others I see, esp volume and track change buttons. Also, mine does'nt crack at all, I listen to alot of hip hop(underground only) and I produce some as well, and, it's a damn fine sounding system, I would'nt even consider upgrading it. I dunno if it's because it's "like new", or, they really sound this good.... Or I guess there's a possibility that it actually has been upgraded somewhere somehow, like maybe different speakers, but, I dunno, sounds like a good Orion 10" bandpass hah, no idea how or why, but I love it.

I thought the 99+ had the Mach 1000 hence 460w < 1000w. Correct me if I'm wrong. Mine has always sounded nice but it vibrates the hell out of my doors with the bass up. I now (for the last year) have an Alpine Head unit but to be honest. I want to replace the whole thing. I'm not happy with any of it including the expensive 9855 Alpine I bought.

Now that she's a weekend car I'll be really tricking her out... :D

Just turn your amplifiers up to "11".

ThisIsSpinalTap.jpg

mid.Spinal-Tap.jpg

i ditched that crappy mach 460 crap the day after i brought it home from the dealership...what a waste of space! Mine has 2 amps in the trunk and another behind the radio in the dash....I have it all in a box somwhere in the garage...i should ebay it.

-=NightHawk=- said:

My 04 has the Mach1000 system and it has 6 amps in back on a rack. The stereo has some serious balls to it, it's actually way to loud for the car if the windows are up. The 6 disc changer is nice and the positional speaker settings rock. Still all in all I wish the car came with the 460 instead...that amp rack uses a lot of the trunk space. :notnice: