1998 mustang cobra running lean

pvtdiaz

Sep 26, 2009
Los Angeles
I have a 1998 cobra when i bought it the check engine light would come on for a while and it would idle high like 1500rpm it would take a long time to go back to normal idle then the check engine light would turn off its been six months since now the check engine light stays on and i have the same idle problem when i drive the car aggressively only i had the codes read it says its running lean in bank one and two i had a technician diagnose it and he said it was a leak in the rear of the lower intake manifold. so is that possible? is there any aftermarket lower intake manifolds? any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1998 cobra when i bought it the check engine light would come on for a while and it would idle high like 1500rpm it would take a long time to go back to normal idle then the check engine light would turn off its been six months since now the check engine light stays on and i have the same idle problem when i drive the car aggressively only i had the codes read it says its running lean in bank one and two i had a technician diagnose it and he said it was a leak in the rear of the lower intake manifold. so is that possible? is there any aftermarket lower intake manifolds? any help would be appreciated.
hey make sure its a intake gasket leak.i had lean on bank 2 thought it was intake gaskets but after alot of messing around i found my diverter line leaking right off the exhaust manafold.i think they make an intake if you look hard enough .very expensive im sure if so like everything for these cars lol.

new info

i took it to the dealer and they checked it they told me its going to need new gaskets and the imrc plates so should i delete them, replace them and if so does anyone know of a good mechanic in los angeles