1998 mustang - Ignition/Column Mess

I have a 1998 gt 4.6 bought from a freind that had it stolen and recoverd. The ignition switch and harness were missing and collum was toast. I went to junk yard and picked up collum,switch,harness and new tumbler and key from orielys as the junkyard collum did not have a key. So i started by installing new key and tumbler in the new column. Then I wired the switch harness according to the colors but there were 4 sets of yellow wires. Out of the 4 wires there were two that were bigger gauge so i put a multimeter on it and they all had 12 volts so i wired the two bigger gauge together and the smaller gauge together. And left it at that. Installed collum and tried to start it. It cranked but didnt start. I sprayed strarting fluid in it and fired right up but dies when u stop spraying. Checked pump it wasnt getting power i ran a 12v lead to test and it kicked on with 40psi at keyonengineoff. Still wont start or run. What do i need to check to see if somthings not getting power or antitheft or mayby i dont have it wired right.
received_557236388045880.jpeg
received_535916980204567.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

I would like to know IF I/P fuse #18 has power in the run position.

IF no key on power THEN check to see if there's key on power at the ignition switch T/W wire. This is feeding the B5 gang via the "Y" wire.

Reactions: 1 user