1998 NPI mustang with KB 2.1 ?

casper98gt

Jun 27, 2005
NH
Ok, so i have installed PI intake and cams on the NPI. Have all bolt ons, control arms, clutch, driveshaft..the list goes on. Also have 80shot of nitrous.

All the dyno charts i have found online on other forums and such show that the heads are the worthless point on a PI swap.

So i was wondering if the NPI heads flow decently enough to put a KB 2.1 on my 98. Just stick to the 9psi pulley. And since im getting rid of the intake to swap to the KB intake the cams are already there so i wonder how much power it would be making over a stock NPI motor.

Just an idea, i was wondering if anyone else on these boards had a NPI mustang with a KB on it. Without the raised compression of the PI heads

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have the factory cams for a 2003 Mustang GT.

I know people with the Vortech on their NPI mustangs but they still have the NPI intake on it. So i was wondering how much more power i could make with the KB intake on top. I dont know anyone with a KB on their NPI mustang.

No but youre getting rid of the NPI intake and putting the blower and intake portion of it on. I didnt mean just a KB intake. haha

In that case, you will gain loads of power. It's a Kenne Bell. It should work fine with the PI cams, and non-PI heads because your compression will be low, and that is ideal for a blower. The heads should flow fine, although having them ported and polished would help.

As for numbers, I could'nt really say, although they should be substantially better.