1998 v6 performance headers...

buckster_03

Sep 29, 2003
Falmouth, MA
I own a 1998 mustang v6 and much to my dissapointment I have noticed that it seems to be the oddball of the sn95 model v6's. Finding performance parts for it is a chore. The one thing I was wondering is if ANYONE makes performance headers for a 1998 v6. I have searched high and low and every header set I look at for my car says that it can not be used for my year (or convertibles) :bang:. I have a good deal of mods on my car and feel the MAC conversion kit is not going to cut it anymore and want to go true dual with an h-pipe. While I am at it I want to upgrade the headers as well. As a last ditch effort I am wondering if anyone has come across any info. Please let me know. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont beleie this is true. Maybe I'm worng but i beleive there are some clearance issues with the 98 v6'v. Just visit any website that sells headers for v6's and you will see that the model years they cover dont include 1998. Heres a prime example... http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Headers.html ...check out the years that they say their applications work for. Doesnt include 1998. But I have been known to be wrong and if I am then the frustration can stop.

There is a guy Dan who has the same car as us(I have a 98 as well). He makes 403rwhp. He bought the LT headers and he said he had no fitment issues. So you could try and take your chances, cause I know of at least one 98 with LT headers. When I go to buy some I will be getting a set of LT's. I am just wondering if the EGR valve has to be deleted for it to fit, more than likely it would need to be.

Anything is possible, even if it means modifying a bit.

Thanks guys for the help. I have been searching forever and couldn't find a site that sells em. I looked into the JBA's and they dont sound bad. I'll look into the LT's as well. I hate how this year is an odd year. It makes parts buying seem impossible sometimes. Oh well. Thanks again.