1999-2004 charges year by year?

• Sponsors (?)

block..Romeo -> Windsor

Disputed Injector Size change from 19 -> 21 or something like that...i think its just a color difference

Transmission..t-45 -> t-3650

Intake manifold...plastic -> aluminum crossover

i think the radio and cd player stuff changed a bit too

i am sure theres other stuff...longer spark plug threads in the latter years i think is another.

FWIW, the Windsor engine was only a blip in Mustang production, caused by a fire at the Romeo plant that interrupted normal supply chains in the 99-01 timeframe. By 2002 they were back to Romeos right through the end of the 2004 MY production. Because the Windsor engine is a "truck" engine some believe it to be a tougher variant. There may be some basis in truth since the Windsor engine uses full-floating wrist pins, 8-bolt flywheels and dowels on the main caps instead of jackscrews. In practice though, the two seem to be about equal in most all performance and real-world reliability terms. In the end they both end up with PI heads & manifolds and exactly same performance.

Yeah, but you get an extra 50 HP in a very nice package (which is rarer than the Cobras). Besides the 4V engine, the Mach came with much better seats, better suspension (with Tokico shocks), nice visual (Shaker!) and graphics package, etc. Hold onto one and it'll be worth a few bucks down the road.

Might as well get a Ferrari if those are the only considerations and money is never an issue :)

FWIW, I'd rather have a clean, low-mileage GT than a ragged out Mach 1 for the same money. I'd like the Mach 1 motor, but not if it is blowing smoke and bolted to a POS.

40oz the open did not specify a budget.

Everyone and there brother has a GT and the resale value is dropping like a stone. Machs are at the bottom they will only remain the same or increase from here.

40oz the open did not specify a budget.

Everyone and there brother has a GT and the resale value is dropping like a stone. Machs are at the bottom they will only remain the same or increase from here.

I highly doubt it. 4th gen GT's are much closer to their bottom... the only thing that really affects their price at this point is mileage. Machs are still artificially inflated. Trying to look at a Mach as an investment is simply foolish.

I am willing to spend a little more for a car that has nicer features like seats, engine, etc and will hold some value.

For example I have put 30k miles on my car in the three years I have owned it and it is still worth pretty much what I paid for it.