1999 camaro vs my 1995 mustang

• Sponsors (?)

I raced an 02 SS a while back and he didnt pull on me that bad. I was sparying too, I think if you get a nitrous system like the Zex with a 75 or 100 shot you should either hang with him or pull on him a little bit.

Another thing is that I dont have any gears so you should a better advantage then I did.

mytight95 said:
They are not that fast, they can be a booger, good traction, pullies and an intake should put you about dead even for a little ways, top end he will pull on you pretty well.

jason

not that fast :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah ok :rolleyes:

Maybe your thinking of an LT1 Motor, the LS1 Motors are Sick. There rated at 305 HP but they usually dyno at about 310 if not higher so there actually a 340-350 HP Motor. You at the VERY LEAST will need, Heads/ Cam/ Intake if you want to do it N/A and you would need to hook up very well. If you want to go the Power adder route then buy a Supercharger/ Blower or pump the ol Nitrous into it, either way its going to cost you alot of $$$ to beat an LS1

yellow1995Cobra said:
a decent heads/cam/intake(with gears and all the bolt ons) will take care of most bolt on ls1's. Once they have heads/cam, then you will need a power adder as well.
i agree....and those LS1's pull like a raped ape up top....the only way you will have a shot without either heads or some kind of power adder is if he cant launch and its a stoplight-stoplight race...cuz once they get moving...WOW!

Anthony

must've been what i was thinking when did they start putting the ls1 motors in the camaro's, must have been like 98 or so , I have raced a few camaro's i guess i haven't raced a new one really

jason

mytight95 said:
must've been what i was thinking when did they start putting the ls1 motors in the camaro's, must have been like 98 or so , I have raced a few camaro's i guess i haven't raced a new one really

jason

The LS1 Motors were put in back in 98 up to 2002 ( end of production for the Camaro). The LT1 was put in from I belive 93 up until 97. You can tell the diffrence b/c the 93-97 Camaros have the slanted down hood/nose of the car, the 98 and up have the big opening in the front, lot of people compare it to the mouth of a bass. Ive Raced an LT1 when I was bone stock and kept up fairly well until he hit 3ed gear then the extra HP kicked in and he flew by me, as of now Id hang pretty well w/ an LT1 just that I need gears but the 3.55's are going in this spring. Hopefully if everthing goes well w/ my winter mods I wont have to worry about LS1's either.

I know LS1s are pretty quick but they arent too fast. I have raced a lot of them and especially on the street we are pretty much dead even. When i race at the track in the full quarter they usually pull me up top(me 101-102 vs their 105ish). But on the street races never usually go a full quarter so i can usually surprise them in the fact that im still right next to them.

STOCK HEADS AND CAM

damn...this doesnt look good, lol. The guy had a v6 honda accord before, which was no problem for my car, but now, damn i think i have a problem....i guess i may go the nitros route, or heads, intake, cam. I was thinking the combos everyone goes./... the afr's , edlebrook intake, and which cam is usually good? Also, after the head, intake, cam, would i have a problem beating em....notice, he used to have a automatic car, so im betting he wont be too good launching it, but im looking twords the future when he will....im so pissed, cause he's talking so much ****, i gotta OWN em!

GreenMustangGt said:
My friend may be getting a 99 camaro ls1,5.7,305 hp. 6-speed, and i was wondering how fast they are in the quarter mile, and what i would hav eto do to my car for me to beat em..in addition to what i have. thanks

Don't listen to any one else because i got a 1995 5.0 and i have the following

-bbk cold air
-75mm mass air meter
-stock throttle body (u don't need another unless ur supercharged.)
-Eddlebrock rpm upper and lower intake manifold
-30lb injectors
-190 fuel pump
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-1.7 cobra roller rockers
-bbk longtube headers
-bbk x-pipe
-dyno max bullet mufflers
-3.73 gears
-king cobra clutch
-pulleys

I got all that and i know its a bit expensive but put it this way i ur friend z28 coast a hell of alot more than ur car plus these mods. So don't feel bad, he should. I've raced a c5 corvette with intake and exhaust and i beat him in the 1/4 mile with a car between us. Then LS1 z28's wow they need more than that to catch me. All i run on is street tires, so that what you need to make him feel bad he spent over $20,000 while u and i only spent $12,000.

spyder2455 said:

-bbk cold air
-75mm mass air meter
-30lb injectors
-190 fuel pump
-bbk longtube headers
-bbk x-pipe
-3.73 gears
-king cobra clutch
-pulleys

I got all that and i know its a bit expensive but put it this way i ur friend z28 coast a hell of alot more than ur car plus these mods. So don't feel bad, he should. I've raced a c5 corvette with intake and exhaust and i beat him in the 1/4 mile with a car between us. Then LS1 z28's wow they need more than that to catch me. All i run on is street tires, so that what you need to make him feel bad he spent over $20,000 while u and i only spent $12,000.
No offense man, but IMO, that's gotta be due to driving. I really don't think that set-up should take a modded C5.

J

Blower now or a stroker. I just went n/a with my 347 with a 2500 stall and 4:10s and from a dead stop to about 100 it is like a ride at Six Flags. It is what you want the car to do, run top end or be a red light to red light warrior. You don't have to spend a great deal of money but I warn you once you start it is HARD to stop.

spyder2455 said:

-bbk cold air
-75mm mass air meter
-30lb injectors
-190 fuel pump
-bbk longtube headers
-bbk x-pipe
-3.73 gears
-king cobra clutch
-pulleys

woah 30 #ers with that setup??!....

Anthony