1999 Gt Electrical Seat Issues

99StangAL

Jul 11, 2017
Greetings all,

I'm sorry in advance if this is in the forum elsewhere. I'm new to the forum and trying to restore a 1999 GT Convertible as a retirement project. Here is my issue... I can tilt the seat FWB and BCK but when I go to move the seat horizontally FWD or BCK it blows the 30 AMP fuse under the hood. I have the seat torn apart and it seems there have been a few modifications. I am the 4th owner of the car. If anyone could shed some insight or point me into the right direction for good schematics I would be most appreciative.

Thank you in advance,
99StangAL

• Sponsors (?)

I won't touch my car until I have the factory shop manual in hand, a wonderful investment that keeps paying off and you can sell it(I actually made money before) when you lose the car. I like to just peruse it sometimes to realize all it has to offer.

I agree Neuron 100%. Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury. I paid next to nothing for the car and the engine was sound with ZERO rust on the body. It's going to be a work in progress as I have a bunch of things I want to do to it inside and out. Thank you for the reply.

God bless,
99StangAL