1999 mustang gt best direction to go?.

dsaville7

Mar 19, 2020
Canada
Hello,
I've recently purchased a nice low km 1999 mustang gt and I was hoping to get some insight. My question is if I supercharged it and was running around 400+HP what should i do to make sure it would be a reliable street car? Its either that or go the bolt on route and try to get close to 300 HP and not have to worry about wrecking stuff and all the other expenses because of it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Coyote swap it.

It's practically a bolt-in for an SN95/New Edge car, and even the lowest-performing variant (2011-2014 F150) version is at 380hp. Money-wise, a used F150 Coyote and all the swap parts isn't that much more than a supercharger, and when you decide roughly 400hp isn't enough from a cold air and tune on the F150 motor, you can add a blower then.

• Happy
Reactions: 1 users
Coyote swap it.

It's practically a bolt-in for an SN95/New Edge car, and even the lowest-performing variant (2011-2014 F150) version is at 380hp. Money-wise, a used F150 Coyote and all the swap parts isn't that much more than a supercharger, and when you decide roughly 400hp isn't enough from a cold air and tune on the F150 motor, you can add a blower then.

Have the engine control packs come down significantly in price or is there another way to do this now? When the swap first came available engines were over 5k and Ford wanted over 4k for the control pack IIRC. Or is there other ways now to get the coyote up and running?

Have the engine control packs come down significantly in price or is there another way to do this now? When the swap first came available engines were over 5k and Ford wanted over 4k for the control pack IIRC. Or is there other ways now to get the coyote up and running?
Used F150 Coyotes are available for under $2000 all day, and the control pack can be had for $1600-1800 from the usual Mustang parts sources.

Used F150 Coyotes are available for under $2000 all day, and the control pack can be had for $1600-1800 from the usual Mustang parts sources.

Good Lord, the controller prices have dropped like a rock! That is great news, especially for SN95/New Edge folks. Pretty much makes the 5.4 4V navigator swap a moot point.

The gen2 and above coyotes packs popping up first with a quick search appear to only work with ones from mustangs and not F150s. The gen3 coyote with direct injection is an absolute monster, we have one in an 18 F150 and it surprises lots of people.

Good Lord, the controller prices have dropped like a rock! That is great news, especially for SN95/New Edge folks. Pretty much makes the 5.4 4V navigator swap a moot point.

The gen2 and above coyotes packs popping up first with a quick search appear to only work with ones from mustangs and not F150s. The gen3 coyote with direct injection is an absolute monster, we have one in an 18 F150 and it surprises lots of people.
There's also this method: