1999 mustang GT

artemes

May 28, 2008
First off, this is a great forum! Ok down to business. What kind of numbers should i be getting in the 1/4 mile with a bone stock 99 GT? I have looked up the specs and it says 14.1 sec. I have changed out the gears in mine to 4.10, and added a live wire tuner. Otherwise it is bone stock. i am running right around 14.9 to 15.1 sec in the 1/4. i am using the 91 octane tune that is pre loaded in the livewire. I did not get a custom tune with the tuner. I would love any input on this, as i dont think i am running as fast as i should. If anyone has exp with the livewire i would love some feedback on what settings i should be using. Oh yeah it is an auto not a 5 speed.

Thanks

Art

• Sponsors (?)

your times look about right. i have a 96gt and when i first got it it was bone stock and i ran a 15.2. it is a convertable but still. our cars are dogs bone stock. throw on the basic add ons like pullies, CAI, exhaust, throttle body and plenum and you will see some good improvments. i also belive that 99 is still the npi setup. correct me if i am wrong guys but if you want an easy 40 to 50 rwhp do a pi swap with the heads, cams, and intake.

99 is the PI. You should be in the high 13's with the 4.10's alone. Mine bone stock i ran a 14.0. The tune probably on helped out like 2-3 hp sine you have no other mods. Have you tried messing with you shift firmness/pressure with the livewire?

My shift pressures have been raised, my shift points have been moved up to 6200rpm, my WOT timing has been raised to 26deg. Running with the tracloc off, and stalling to 1500rpm on the line, best time i have come up with is 14.86 at 92.81mph. RT of .275, 60' of 2.267. I just figured it would run a little faster than that. But the engine is high mileage 180,000 and still running stock street tires. Still fumbling around with the livewire, havent got in touch with someone that really knows how to tweak the settings yet. Anyway thanks for the responses so far!

Art

Have you done a tune up?? It is a 9-year old car. Things like plugs, fuel filter, etc do make a difference in allowing the car to achieve it's factory HP rating.

It should be faster than that. When i first bought my '03 i went to the track. I found a guy with a stock '02 automatic and he was turning in 14.2's all day long stock. I went 14.1 with my 5-spd

Have you done a tune up?? It is a 9-year old car. Things like plugs, fuel filter, etc do make a difference in allowing the car to achieve it's factory HP rating.

It should be faster than that. When i first bought my '03 i went to the track. I found a guy with a stock '02 automatic and he was turning in 14.2's all day long stock. I went 14.1 with my 5-spd

+1 on the regular tune up.

I ran consistant 13.7x with my 01 auto with 4.10, exhaust, hypertech and CAI. Nothing else.

Trap speed around 101-102

Running at a track in Great Bend Kansas. Not sure on altitude. New air cleaner, all coils checked, new plugs, new fuel filter. Basic tune up done when i bought the car about a month ago.

Thanks again for all the input!

Art

Running at a track in Great Bend Kansas. Not sure on altitude. New air cleaner, all coils checked, new plugs, new fuel filter. Basic tune up done when i bought the car about a month ago.

Thanks again for all the input!

Art

The altitude makes all the difference in the world. High alt accompanied by the automatic tranny = subpar times to near sealevel guys.

haha that may be a bad thing lol....that a pretty good amount above sea-lvl which will cause decent times but not the greatest...go somewhere else that is closer to sea level and your times should get significantly better