1999 mustang v6 5 speed blown engine at 245,000 miles what will fit in directly

nickster99

Nov 17, 2019
Maryland
Made calls to local auto shop/junkyard about installing a replacement engine . Waiting on numbers from them. I am asking forum Mustang experts on this forum what engines will drop into this car directly ?
I did some initial searching on this forum, but not finding exactly what I was looking for yet. New to this forum obviously.
Thanks in advance, car has sentimental value, and as Mustang probably worth keeping running , body is good, interior tired , paint tired.
Nick

• Sponsors (?)

I would make a few more calls about dropping another V6 in it. I can write up an estimate for labor in a matter of minutes and maybe an hour or so to find an engine. Can't understand why a fair sized salvage yard can't do the same.

I jammed some stuff into a calculator and a V6 (3.8 engine, direct drop in) running and driving in fair condition is worth about 1500 to 2500 bucks. If it is in fair condition and sentimental you will spend the 1500 to 2500 bucks for a shop to get an engine (if one can be found in good condition) and swap it. This is off the cuff figures and not an actual estimate.
Now I didn't look to see what years the 3.8 were produced and what other models are a bolt up to a 99 mustang.

www.car-part.com

That's a salvage yard search engine using Hollander's Interchange, put in your year, make, and model, and it'll find what fits.

Labor is going to be up to the shop you have do the work, and don't forget about antifreeze, oil, spark plugs, as well as any hoses, vacuum lines, etc that break and need replacing during the job.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user