19s on a foxbody?

StreetDreamsGT

Mar 6, 2003
New Jersey
I pulled into a parkinglot to go and get lunch the other day. A van pulls in next to me and the guy rolls down his window and complimented me on my car. We got to talking and I was telling him how I wanted to get a new set of rims. I was planning on going with a set of Diablo Lionhart 18s, he told me that it's possible to fit a set of 19s on my 90 GT. All I needed to do was get a smaller width rim. Is that possible? And does anyone have it done? He said he's seen guys who've had it done and it looked good. Anyone who can give me any info would be appreciated, thanx.

• Sponsors (?)

20's!?!?? damn Idk bout that, i'm not too sure bout how 19's would look either thou. I really need ta check tha car out in person or somethin ta get tha full effect. I guess no one has ne pix of foxbodys wit 19's or nethin else?

StreetDreamsGT said:
20's!?!?? damn Idk bout that, i'm not too sure bout how 19's would look either thou. I really need ta check tha car out in person or somethin ta get tha full effect. I guess no one has ne pix of foxbodys wit 19's or nethin else?
Yeah you need to see it to beleive it. I thought it would be absurd too, but i seen it, and i liked it....

twankies are the way to go!!!
just kidding..
i think 18's are the biggest a mustang should ride on, anything bigger is pushing it. you wont get any traction, and it will slow you down, handling will be improved though...

its up to you bud..

knowlegeable1 said:
I was thinking of puting some 20's on my vert. I guess its a Cali thing cuz ive seen a couple of them with 20's and i think it looks pretty clean. but hey what do i know? :p

I don't think it's a Cali thing, I think it's a retard thing. Guys trying to keep up with the latest trends, I think it's a f***ing joke. Why don't you get an old Impala if you want to screw it up? You're going to pay more for the wheels and tires than your car is worth, and that is just stupid. You've been watching too much Cribbs, maybe you should realize that the people on that show that put 20's on their cars have $70,000+ cars to begin with. They're not taking a $3000 used car like you have. Mustang's are muscle cars, they are not luxury cars and they are not exotic sports car; they certainly aren't SUV's. There is no reason to put 20's on the car. But I honestly hope you do, there is nothing funnier than looking at a car with ridiculous wheels. You should look into 23's. Why not? You're already going to ruin the car's ride, and don't even think about ever getting traction again. Might as well be a complete douche bag, right?

1992blkGT said:
I don't think it's a Cali thing, I think it's a retard thing. Guys trying to keep up with the latest trends, I think it's a f***ing joke. Why don't you get an old Impala if you want to screw it up? You're going to pay more for the wheels and tires than your car is worth, and that is just stupid. You've been watching too much Cribbs, maybe you should realize that the people on that show that put 20's on their cars have $70,000+ cars to begin with. They're not taking a $3000 used car like you have. Mustang's are muscle cars, they are not luxury cars and they are not exotic sports car; they certainly aren't SUV's. There is no reason to put 20's on the car. But I honestly hope you do, there is nothing funnier than looking at a car with ridiculous wheels. You should look into 23's. Why not? You're already going to ruin the car's ride, and don't even think about ever getting traction again. Might as well be a complete douche bag, right?

easy cowboy. For one, i got my car dirt cheap, and second, 20's arent that expensive and u do not need to make 70,000 + to have some. im only 18 and i had some on my malibu which i sold to get my 5.0. As for possible reasons for some 20's, perhaps i dont want to get cobras like evry other person has. its good to be different. 23's Now your talking........ :nice:

1992blkGT said:

calm down there man. why you getting all heated about what someone ELSE wants to do to THEIR car? to each his own man. no need to get all mad. :cheers: oh yeah and also, i have a pic of a maroon lx hatch with some 20" wires. hahahaha it's sooo ugly looking that its to the point that it's not even funny. it's just sick. it's on my computer and im at my cousins. ill post a pic later.

1992blkGT said:
I don't think it's a Cali thing, I think it's a retard thing. Guys trying to keep up with the latest trends, I think it's a f***ing joke. Why don't you get an old Impala if you want to screw it up? But I honestly hope you do, there is nothing funnier than looking at a car with ridiculous wheels. You should look into 23's. Why not? You're already going to ruin the car's ride, and don't even think about ever getting traction again. Might as well be a complete douche bag, right?

I agree that they just don't belong on the stang. They look screwd up on just about any vehicle except a commercial vehicle with steel rims.

Don't screw up a old Impala because I might want it some day. I like the old 60's Imps, Chevelles, Caprices. I would love to have one as a cruising vehicle. Big comfy soft ride. I wouldn't put 20's on those either. Wish I could find one of those in as good a condition as you can find them in Cali before someone messes it up.

I think that Douche bag comment was too much. Everyone has different tastes and there is no need to be that negative.

I think 17 to 18 is as big as you would want to go on a stang and still look relatively normal(cool)

cenok is family said:
calm down there man. why you getting all heated about what someone ELSE wants to do to THEIR car? to each his own man. no need to get all mad. :cheers: oh yeah and also, i have a pic of a maroon lx hatch with some 20" wires. hahahaha it's sooo ugly looking that its to the point that it's not even funny. it's just sick. it's on my computer and im at my cousins. ill post a pic later.

I even told the guy I wanted him to get the wheels. Where's the problem? I want him to post pics too! I haven't gotten a good laugh for awhile. :nice:

to each their own.... but IMHO 18's are the biggest you can tastefully go on a fox. truthfully on the fox i think 18's are still a little to big and i personally would not go larger than 17's. if it were an sn95 18's would look good, but still not 19's. muscle cars don't look good with huge rims. anyhow, that's my .02, do what make YOU HAPPY and not what everyone tells you. if you like 19's go for it, it's your car.

sorry i can't get any pics for you, but if you do it be sure to post pics for me and all the haters :) j/k.

later

-steve

muahahaha!! i found the pic. viewer beware.

attachment.php

attachment.php