1k to spend...need ideas.

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok i am soon to have about 1000$ spare cash laying around and i cant think of what to do maybe....

i have gone and rebuilt my engine, tranny and have a good rearend under the car, its running good. i just bought a set of nice draglites so i dont need wheels either.

mods are
thumpers
tmoss
b-cam
70mm TB with 73mm MAF
CAI
pulleys
BBK headers
O/R Hpipe
bullet mufflers
KC clutch
3.90 gears

was thinking, either

start gathering for a mild SC

suspension, rear control arms and a nice set of back rims with slicks and alum DS while i am at it.

body stuff, i want to paint my whole car and get the panels straight

any more ideas. i dont want to mess with my engine its running good.

• Sponsors (?)

well i left 86 engine all stock and still remains all stock...ive upgraded suspension

global west lower centrifical control arms,
4 koni red shocks
1.9 inch lowering sprinds 640 front 400 back...
kuhmo ecsta performance all season tires

And the car feels tottaly different you wont recognize it as a mustang its much more recoverable when rear breaks loose, and leeps and bounds a much better car now.Ii run rings around stock or drag mustangs when it comes to dipping anywhere .... unlike stock it when lost the rear it was so slow & lazy comming back (very scary) understeered like crazy and was embaressed by gettin out manuvered by almost every car literally......... i can imagine with the rest subframes adjust rear sway and centrifical upper arms...but i love my car alot more then my 88 mild drag & engine moded car..i was no fun for me to be carfull and just reliing on str8 aways....

but mine isent being built for drag if thats what ur planing i say shocks stick with stock springs (if ur on a budget) definetly subframes, do the arms and tires first....oh and dont forget gears a must for drag

spray was the best bang for the buck I ever got for my car. Its hard to spend all the money on one thing, seems like youre getting more buying all this other light bolt on stuff, but you wanna go fast for cheap, nitrous is the way to go.