1st Dyno run on my KB Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

1...The MAF is at 4.999 almost pegged.

2.. I didn't dyno before install

Going to grab the Dyno sheet this weekend to show you guys the curve and MAF

1. I am looking into Porting the Intake(buying another one and porting)
Question? Will the GT40 Explorer Intake work with kenne Bell. I heard their off a tad bit

2. H/C/ported Intake

3/ Lighting MAF

so another $1500 to get another 70-85 horses

dynorunkz9.png

I got the Dyno runs now

Attachments

• dynorunkz9.png
    dynorunkz9.png
    7 KB · Views: 67
Your (Gixser) car is a gt correct?

For the people that are moaning about the hp you guys have a damn cobra (most of you guys seem to be anyway that are saying he is low) that has better heads/intake to begin with. To you guys the numbers for a gt's stock longblock are good/normal.

From what I have seen/learned when the maf starts getting volts around 4.7+ you should be looking at a new maf. Even if you extend the factory's max voltage its only alittle bit and just helps you "eec" out alittle more room.

I dont know what the Mafia does to that extent. My guess is it is some kind of extender like the old maf-extension that let you play with the volts.

My only grip with those type of things (if it does in fact work that way at all) is it will hose up your load and that could also be a reason for powerloss...either way the stock maf just cannot flow enough air "fooled" or not for what the KB setup needs.

Boost can sometimes make the load table freak out due to more than 100% VE but I really dont have much exp. with boost so PLEASE do not take my word on that part though.

OH, a cobra should have more hp without boost and maybe alittle more with...get a better maf on there and see....but that is a nice table you have for a trq curve...

I used to have a setup very close to yours except I used a paxton VR-4 pushing 6lbs of boost, 90mm lmaf, and 2.5" mac exhaust and I made 375rwhp and 396rwt. The engine was stock from the intake to the pan. I don't know tons about the KB's but I have seen some make more power than my setup and some less, but most average about the same as my setup. From my own experience I would have to say your numbers are a bit low (like I said I'm not a KB expert however) . Also mine is a cobra as well so we are working with the same equipment.

If I understand correctly you don't have the LMAF on your yet, right? If not this could be most of you problem. I tune with a tweecer so I am not yet totally sold on the MAFIA, atleast for use on my setup.