2.3 chrome wanted

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck. You're about in the same boat I'm in with my 2.8L V6's. Though i do recall seeing Chrome and Aluminum Valvecovers for the 2.3 aswell as chrome breathers. I know back in the day alot of the other pullies and bracketry could be found plated. Of course, nothing says you can't tear off your engine sheetmetal and send it out to be plated. Probably what I'm gonna have to do aswell. Try surfing E-bay, and look at Racer Walsh. He tends to carry stuff like that every now and again. :nice:

I haven't seen 2.3L chrome in quite a while. The chrome aircleaner housing on my 2.3L is over 15 years old. And shows every bit of it. ;)

I was planning on using an old EFI Turbo valve cover, grind that part of the script off, and replace it with "2.3". Still working on that last part... Ford Motorsport used to sell a cast 2.3L valve cover without the "EFI Turbo" script, but good luck finding one.

For an aircleaner I was considering a Ford round aluminum finned piece on a 390 cfm 4bbl, but it would require some modification to fit the stock carb.

I thought that chroming the factory parts would be about the only other choice until I looked at some of the powdercoating the import guys are doing. There are several coating pigments with very "chrome-like" appearance, and they can be had in several colors too. Check out the powdercoating section on this website: http://www.boneheadperformance.com/

Their price of $50 for a 4 cyl valve cover is probably cheaper than chroming.