2.3 engine life??

12Pack

Jun 3, 2005
CT
Ok so I found this 5spd 2.3 91 lx for sale... $500. Everything looks clean but it has 220k miles.. And that is hella high and I was wondering if I should get it im only using it to drive back and forth to work .. less then 5miles a day. Everything was kept up all the time oil changes, plugs/wires, no leaks no knocks or smoke. What do you think and how much life is left of this fox?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so I found this 5spd 2.3 91 lx for sale... $500. Everything looks clean but it has 220k miles.. And that is hella high and I was wondering if I should get it im only using it to drive back and forth to work .. less then 5miles a day. Everything was kept up all the time oil changes, plugs/wires, no leaks no knocks or smoke. What do you think and how much life is left of this fox?
Those motors commonly poop out after around 240K and even then they still run, just slugish, so for 500 and your only driving less than 5 miles to work? Get it, by the time that thing starts to have problems you should have the money to fix it.

Yes, buy it, they last a long time with decent maintenance. I have one of those $500 specials, and its run fine for 5 years.

Oil changes, and check the cam drive belt.

Then get another one for cheap and go again, or redo the one you have.

my daily driver that Stinger and I just painted has 286k on it and I intend to take it on 2000 mile trips anytime I feel the urge. It doesn't even really matter if they've been driven hard the engines will still outlast everything else.