2.3L 3g swap bracket

jimdaug

Oct 23, 2007
Hi all, I'm new around here. I should be honest up front and let you guys know that the car this is on is not a mustang, it's a kit car with a 2.3L Pinto motor in it and I'm running out of resources for info. If you can forgive me for that, I having trouble getting a 3g alternator installed.

I got the alternator from a junk yard for cheap, but I'm pretty sure it is from an e-150 van or some similar application. It fits the bottom bracket perfectly, but the case on the alternator is just a little too big to let the upper bracket mount to the head. Because of the timing chain, I obviously can't use a universal bracket, and there isn't enough material on the front surface to drill a hole for an adjustable rod. It looks to me that if the 2.3 on the fox bodies is similar enough, I could grab the upper bracket off of one and work something out that way. Does anyone know if the bolt holes are similar? My friend and I are going junkyard shopping this weekend so if there are other ideas I'm up for it. Otherwise, I'll have to cut and weld which I'm not thrilled about. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)