$2,500 to spend on mods / supercharger ?

68 & 00 GT

May 14, 2003
HOUSTON TEXAS
buddy just got a 5.0 today, and is hoping to buy a supercharger, and every part to support it, with $2,500.00. Tune money separate. Can this be done ?
Car has already -

E-303 cam
5 speed transmission
DSS piston shortblock (low cormpession ?)
rebuilt heads
cobra clutch
shorty headers
aftermarket catted H pipe
2 chamber flows

thinking it was rebuilt 40-50K miles ago.
how do we find out what gears it has ?
goal looking for 350-400 RWHP
looking at a Novi 1000 kit for $1,795 from Houston Performance
any other suggestions ?
what other parts will he need to support it ? fuel etc....
where to buy ?
how much ? etc....

sorry don't know caca about tha 5.0's
anyone please feel free to send e-mail to [email protected] to help him out !

• Sponsors (?)

68 & 00 GT said:
buddy just got a 5.0 today, and is hoping to buy a supercharger, and every part to support it, with $2,500.00. Tune money separate. Can this be done ?
Car has already -

E-303 cam
5 speed transmission
DSS piston shortblock (low cormpession ?)
rebuilt heads
cobra clutch
shorty headers
aftermarket catted H pipe
2 chamber flows

thinking it was rebuilt 40-50K miles ago.
how do we find out what gears it has ?
goal looking for 350-400 RWHP
looking at a Novi 1000 kit for $1,795 from Houston Performance
any other suggestions ?
what other parts will he need to support it ? fuel etc....
where to buy ?
how much ? etc....

sorry don't know caca about tha 5.0's
anyone please feel free to send e-mail to [email protected] to help him out !
FP,FR,injectors,Maf,you didnt say what size TB,ignition system.Does he have torque box reinforcements?Sub frames?,stock rear? I would opt a different plan with the 2500.JMO

just trying to figure out if he can get a blower running with $2,500. Not going to the track on slicks yet.

Anyone ?
What injectors, fuel pump ? looks like he has 19# injectors (orange)

does he need a different MAF, or can it be calibrated, or tuned on ?
does it make a difference what size TB he has for just ~350-400 RWHP ?

68 & 00 GT said:
just trying to figure out if he can get a blower running with $2,500. Not going to the track on slicks yet.

Anyone ?
What injectors, fuel pump ? looks like he has 19# injectors (orange)

does he need a different MAF, or can it be calibrated, or tuned on ?
does it make a difference what size TB he has for just ~350-400 RWHP ?
get a 75mm

The E-303 cam is a great blower cam. You will need larger injectors, a different MAF calibrated for that, bigger TB and a new intake manifold would really compliment the blower if you had some money left over.

Oh yeah also you need a 255lph pump to supply enough fuel, only like 130 bucks.

thanks ! how much do you guys think those parts cost ?

so definately:
injectors (size?)
255lph pump
new calibrated MAF (can the stock MAF be calibrated for larger injectors with a custom tune ? Is it too restricting anyway for this goal ?)
75mm TB

right ?

add a new intake manifodl later - which one ?

anything else ? All coments welcome :nice:
pulley size ?

68 & 00 GT said:
thanks ! how much do you guys think those parts cost ?

so definately:
injectors (size?)
255lph pump
new calibrated MAF (can the stock MAF be calibrated for larger injectors with a custom tune ? Is it too restricting anyway for this goal ?)
75mm TB

right ?

add a new intake manifodl later - which one ?

anything else ? All coments welcome :nice:
pulley size ?

The MAF needs to be bigger then the stock 55mm one. Someone said 75mm TB so 75 or 77mm MAF calibrated for whatever injector size you choose should be fine. It's only as big as the smallest hole. - about $100-$150.

hey 68&00GT I am a fellow modularpowerhouse customer .....just to let your buddy know , on a 5.0 the powerdynes are decent low boost street car blowers ......and jegs has the 6lb kit for $1699 right now I would recommend the 255lph pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator but other than that shouldn't need much else for just 6lbs .....but without turning the boost up or different heads , cam and intake I dont think it will get to that 350 rwhp mark you mentioned ....I personally am close to that myself but I went with nitrous on a 5.0 its just so much more cost effective on these cars ....I have GT40Y303 aluminum heads ( paid $699 for the pair at buyfordracing.com) , B303 cam ( $165 because its got a nasty hit to it LOL ) , and typhoon intake ($280 on ebay ) , I also got a C&L mass air , 24 lbs injectors , 255 intake , adjustable fuel pressure regulator , but I can tell you from my experience I have confirmed with the wideband that I bought that its running PIG RICH ....it didnt need the injectors or mass air yet ....I set the fuel pressure at 34psi and its still rich .....but as for nitrous I went a different route with the venom recluse kit from mustangtuning.com because I was curious as to how good they worked and I must say I love it , I am hitting it with 100 shot and it hits HARD ...($379 from mustangtuning.com ) ...I will have dyno numbers soon .....hoping to hit close to 350 rwhp or better and over 400 rwtq

You'll never hit 350 rwhp with a base model supercharger on a basically stock motor with a cam. As far as the Powerdyne.. they suck ass. My friend had it tuned with the 9 psi kit... 30lbs injectors, 75mm MAF... all supporting hardware, only made like 270 rwhp. Sucked. Get an S trim. Many guys hitting 300-350 rwhp with them.

270 rwhp with 9psi. I made that with an A-trim and 5psi. I dont see 350-400 though. With H/C/I and 5psi I made 393rwhp but the second pull was probably more realistic with 383rwhp and 382rwtq. I think just over 300 might be more realistic an expectation.

You cant buy A-trims anymore, it was replaced with the SC-trim. I would go with either the novi 1000, or the S-trim, which is a slight step up in power. You could just run the kit the way it comes, thats what its designed to do. If your looking to upgrade other things, get a MAF, 36 or 42lb injectors and a 255lph pump.

You can still find people selling their A trims you just have to look hard, Summit had them like 8 months ago. Either way, jumping on the S trim bandwagon is not the best idea unless you are more concerned with peak or need the bigger blower because you would be over spinning the A trim/ SC1. Obviously an S trim is not without it's mertits but for a stock setup, the smaller blower is ideal in terms of low and mirange which is where most of the people on stangnet need their power; this statement applies to likely 80% of people.