2" Drop Spindles

I'm wondering if any one knows if by installing 2" drop spindles "IF" that would increase thee distance beteween the uper -A- aram and the inside lip of the (there is next to none now in the stock configuration) 15"x7" ten spoke wheels from a 1985 Mustang, that are now mounted on my 1978 Mustang II with P205/60R15's. Any know ?

• Sponsors (?)

The 2" drop spindles will push the wheel up farther into the wheelwell. If you are having lip clearance issues now, I don't see where that would help.

With the Fox wheel positive offset, I wold expect you to be having more clearance issues with the inside of the wheelwell (A-arms front and innder fender rear) and less with the lip. Do you have spacers installed? If so, how thick?

Man I completely misread that question...

With the 2" drop spindles, the spindle is located 2" higher on the kingpin(?), so yes, there should be more space between the upper inner lip of the wheel and the upper A-arm.

However the lower lip of the wheel will also be 2" higher, so now you may have clearance issues with the lower A-arm or steering arm or something else.

Several MII owners have cut back the lips of the upper A-arm to increase clearance with wheels, and some have installed tubular A-arms for the same reason.