2 of 4

baylor2010

Apr 23, 2006
So I'm really indesisive. Ive got 4 choices of my next mods but will only do 2 now. Out of these 4 what 2 would yall get?

-Bassani X pipe with cats
-BBK throttle Body
-FRPP charge motion plate deletes
-Granitelle Coils

• Sponsors (?)

I would get the x pipe and TB
The aftermarket charge motion plates get rid of a butterfly in the
intake tract which is a restriction. May loose a MPG or two though.

Get the X-pipe and the Charge motion deletes. Don't forget a new tune for the deletes!!

Don't waste your money on the tb or coils. Neither adds SQUAT to these cars. The coils would help a little if you're running ~12# of boost. The charge motion deletes are a GREAT mod on these cars and you will lose no gas mileage.

Okay, I will admit my ignorance. What are charge motion plates and what does having them or not having them do?

You may also hear them generically described as "tumble plates" in recognition of their job of speeding up and inducing a tumbling motion into air bound for the combustion chambers at light throttle openings. This is said to help homogenize the air/fuel mixture for thorough and squeaky-clean combustion at idle and just off-idle. located between the intake manifold and cylinder heads (from mustang50magazine.com).

Get the X-pipe and the Charge motion deletes. Don't forget a new tune for the deletes!!

Don't waste your money on the tb or coils. Neither adds SQUAT to these cars. The coils would help a little if you're running ~12# of boost. The charge motion deletes are a GREAT mod on these cars and you will lose no gas mileage.

I agree wit Pro Mod!

-Rick