2 Plugs disconnected

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
Well i finally got it timed. And noticed there was 2 spark plug wires disconnected. Will that pop the cel? i connected the diagnoster and no codes but i do have a cel. I connected back on but its still acting the same. And the wires were kinda burnt, will that affect anything?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont see how the PCM can pick up a misfire (OBD-II obviously does, but not us).

There are a zillion other things that can cause a misfire.................. And burned wires can do it.

As part of the code retrieval, run a cylinder balance test (the procedure is in the code reader manual or your repair manual. Chapter 6 in Haynes, IIRC). It's super easy to do and helps with tracking down a miss.

Good luck bud.

I presume you're seeing a miss right now, right?

The cylinder balance test will shut off each injector one at a time. It will note which cylinders are not contributing as much as the others and tell you. Then you know which cylinders to diagnose. It's a really useful test. You do it after the KOER test.

BTW, there is no code 10. Ours are all 3 digits (unless you have an A9L Retrofit).

Good luck.

i get that code. it pops on the diagnoster. i was looking at the book i finally found, and it dont tell me hot to do that test? btw could i have ****ed up my new block by running like this??? i mean like pistons messing up or anything>?

Who the hell rebuilt this engine? Barney fife... I mean geez, I thought the whole point of farming this out was to get your car running right and it sounds like you went to the wrong guy to do this...