2-?'s---Sony Radio Install/Painting the Bezel

Ok..I think this is a little better:
615075InteriorBezel2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I only painted the edges of both of the bezels as you can see in these pics. I tried to get the red shift as best as I could but you can get a slight view of what it may look like in your car
:nice:
dashpaint 008.jpg

dashpaint 010.jpg

dashpaint 011.jpg

dashpaint 014.jpg

bigb64 said:
as far as the deck just sliding in there shoud be a chasis around the front ot side of the deck on this there are mutipul tangs that you bend up to secure the deck in place
Thanks Bigb..the guy at C/C showed me that....

JR..TOO late! I already finished prepping and spraying the first coat of primer to the whole bezel (like in my second pic)...I didnt feel like taping it all off.

I think it should look ok, since Im using the deeper red (not bright like the cartoon pic :lol: )

RC

bigb64 said:
I am just not sure if i want to be stcuk with a silver or red trim for the rest of my life.

:eek:
What do you mean? You can change it back as easily as you changed it the first time..
dam_paint.jpg

LOL: Look what I found searching for the Krylon FUsion pic:
interior04.jpg

RC

Attachments

• dam_paint.jpg
    dam_paint.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 53
94SC50 How did you go about painting your Horse on your steering wheel and the Mustang letters on your dash. Always wanted to do that to mine but didn't think it would work yours is the first i've seen done looks damn good you have WAY to much time on your hands your car is sweet

MysteryMachine said:
94SC50 How did you go about painting your Horse on your steering wheel and the Mustang letters on your dash. Always wanted to do that to mine but didn't think it would work yours is the first i've seen done looks damn good you have WAY to much time on your hands your car is sweet
hijack.jpg

Ok..here's the progress:

Top left: First coat.
Top Right: 2 coats.
Bot Left: about 4 coats and dried for 3 hours.
Bot Right: Same as left but just to give an idea on how it may look.
832388InteriorBezel-Sheet.jpg

Tomorrow, I need to light sand the whole thing, then put maybe 2 more coats on it. Ill Spray those on Friday, then put the clearcoat Sat, then put it back together on Sunday..
Oh..I painted the A/C vents black again, just didnt put them in here
RC

1105 said:
:rlaugh:

JR... got any tips for polishing? :D

The bezel looks nice RC. I'm thinking about painting mine too along with the door pods.
Glad you like my sign! :D

And...if the bezel works out, I will owe a lot of :hail2: to JR, b/c I never would have chanced painting this red. We'll see...

IM WAITING FOR JR TO JUMP IN AND COMMENT ON THE PROGRESS!

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
pant.gif
Dude that looks AWESOME!
wow.gif

I think that you made the right decision and it is going to look great inside of your interior for sure.
goodjob.gif

I can't wait to see it when it's all back together! :D

MysteryMachine
I used a small brush and had no coffee that morning. Killer has his painted in yellow to match his car as well, looks real nice.:nice:

Zach
What type of polishing, metal or paint? :shrug:

Scratches unless they are swirls are almost impossible to remove by hand. A speed polisher is what you need to get rid of those and you need to familiarize yourself with one first before you go gung ho on the paint job. Swirls can be lost by using a 3 step wax and adding more coats through time they will be a distant memory. Bugs using any b&T remover will get them off by working one bug at a time, spot by spot. They key is keeping them from sticking and staining into the paint and a good thick coat of carnuba on the front everytime you wash your car will do it. Bugs slide right off my car by sliding my finger over them and it's due to the consistent fresh wax.

Damn RC! This picture of your bezel looks so frek'n nice I keep scrolling over to this pic. Like I said before the laser red is my favorite factory color dude. I really would like to have a laser red vert with a black top.