2 simple question

ISUrb33

Jul 15, 2006
Longview TX
I was wondering what the best windshield wipers are? or if there is something to make it easier to see during heavy rain. The ones i have now just seem to make a glare and not not really wipe away the water. I was considering getting the dual whiper blades or that chemical you put on the windshield that makes the water bead off.

Also what are the best head light bulbs to get are? I am wanting something that is very bright so i can see a light of the road. I would like the ones that look blue but I cant find any fog lights to match them. Do you have any suggestions? thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Just Rain-X the windshield and get some good (not the cheapest ones) blades.

And for the bulbs get some Sylvania Silver stars. DO NOT GET THE BLUE ONES. They look cooler but they dont light up the road as good.

try washing your windshield by hand. sometimes road grime sticks on there, and makes it hard to see out of.

have you seen other drivers on the road with bright ass lights/blue headlights? i hate those people. i want to beat their face in, those lights are so damn bright it makes me blind, annoying. just make sure your headlights are aimed correctly, that's the main thing. it's easy to do, just google it.

the best windshield wipers you can buy are actually from Canadian Tire

0211400_450_CC_3b443.jpg

I work at an auto parts store and get these two questions alot... If you want the best of the best you're gunna pay.

Wipers: Silblades
Very nice blades, and we warrenty them for life. So if one goes bad, bring it back with the recipt and you get a new one... Only problem is that they go for about $22 each.

Bulbs: PIAA
Very good bulbs and they are bright as all hell. Alot of older people like them and come back in to say that they are alot brighter. Again, they are under a lifetime warrenty and go for about $80 which I think is rediculous.

Just my .02

Just goto your local parts store and get a good single blade wiper with a all metal frame... they are more reliable then ones with plastic, im not naming brands because i have no idea what you have availiable in your area. do not get double blades from auto zone or where ever they carry them those things are complete crap. they are to stiff to flex so they dont hold the wiper close to the window, and they look more gay then a ricer.

bulbs this is a hard one...the blue look is good but they are worthless in the rain...the roads look completly black and you can only see reflections off signs, they best i have found is not blue but the sylvania silverstars, they are a white light and they are super bright.

the best windshield wipers you can buy are actually from Canadian Tire

0211400_450_CC_3b443.jpg

lol

I don't think they have Canadian Tire in Texas. But I have these blades too and they're friggin awsome. I wouldn't doubt they have something like it at Autozone under a different brand name.

For bulbs, I vote for Silverstars as they are not rediculously expensive (but also not super cheap) and they give out a bright white light.
I basically have clear headlight lenses and plain 'ol standard Philips halogen bulbs in them, and numerous people have asked me if I have my brights on all the time or if I have the Silverstars in them. Its amazing what some good headlight lenses will do for visibility.

In AZ, I go through wipers about twice a year. They dry rot from the heat (they have melted to the windshield before). If not for cost, I'd like to try some of the silicone versions to see how they do.

+1 (or 5 or whereever we're at) on treating the windshield - when you seal it, it's like wax for the glass and helps the wipers out a ton (you can even see wiper speed go up due to decreased friction).

Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to the local Autozone and bought a pack of Sylvania Silver Stars and some Bosch Icon whipers, thats the best they said they had so Ill see how they do next time it rains. Once again thanks.

I got the light bulbs for my explorer from xenonlightshid.com

They have a slight blue look, but light up the road really well. They actually light the road better than the PIAA bulbs that I was using before.

You can get the Low + High beams and the Fog Bulbs for $24.90 plus shipping.

Xenonlightshid.com