2 suspension setups

94Blue302GT

Oct 20, 2003
Chicago
Ok, for the track, I want to go fast, and by fast, I mean i want to put my turbostang to the ground, except for the front end. I want to do this on my regular everyday street tires.
I estimate i'm going to make 450+- when i go to the track.
I already have subframes, 3.73's, and a TKO

Now, I'm assuming I will want upper and lower control arms, and new coilovers all around. Anything else that's not too expensive?

Ok, here's the second thing. On the street, with street tires, I want to be able to tune the car for a 400+ wheelie. Nothing major, just lift them up on streets. I know this will meen a lot of bite from the suspension, but i'm thinking it will just mean adjusting the upper and lowers. Is this correct? I will be purchasing and installing may-june after I have a couple of runs in at the track.

This is NOT a highly modified car, it is a street car with a turbo.
Lee

• Sponsors (?)

Unless your street tires are a nice DR...I realy dont think 400hp will lift a front end...the avg. radial street tire has

1. a sidewall that is too stiff and will just shock the tire and not hook
2. the compund is not for absolute best traction but wear and diff. driving cond.

Now on a good DR and a good setup I dont think it would be too hard to do...but it would be hard on the car as a daily and you...yes its cool to have a car like this...but do you realy think you can do much else besides straight lines with this type of car EVERY day?

Not to mention the harsh wear on the rest of the drivetrain like axles, diff, u-joints, the chasis itself, the shocks will have a short life as well if your "able to do it everyday".

Sorry to sound like a kill-joy but just trying to be a voice of reason.

Probably going to need to drop down the 3.55s or 3.27s with everyday street radial. A finely tuned suspension/chassis + 275/50r15 Drag Radial might pull the wheels (if at all) on a 400rwhp car.

Personally I would worry about getting good 60ft times instead of just "pulling the wheels". In a faster set-up there are times when the way the wheels are pulled on the launch it is slowing the car down.

For your car I would opt for a Eibach Drag Spring kit set-up, Lakewood 70/30s up front and 50/50s out back. Good set of upper and lower control arms (double adjustable). And a good anti-roll bar will be the key, you will just need to unhook it when driving around on the street.

Troy

94Blue302GT said:
Ok, for the track, I want to go fast, and by fast, I mean i want to put my turbostang to the ground, except for the front end. I want to do this on my regular everyday street tires.

Define, "everyday street tires."

94Blue302GT said:
Ok, here's the second thing. On the street, with street tires, I want to be able to tune the car for a 400+ wheelie. Nothing major, just lift them up on streets.

Might as well just scratch that one off the list Vin. That is unless your principality is in the habit of putting down glue at the intersections. It isn't a matter of power or suspension setup on the street. It comes down to traction and quite frankly, your average road surface comes no where near the level of grip required. You could always run 33" wide slicks and that'd maybe do it (maybe), but you'd have left street manners by the side of the road about $10,000 back.

94Blue302GT said:
I know this will meen a lot of bite from the suspension, but i'm thinking it will just mean adjusting the upper and lowers. Is this correct?

"Bzzzzt!" Sorry but it's a lot more difficult than that. I can appreciate your desire to rip 'em up next to the putz beside you but given normal street conditions, it ain't gonna happen.

Merry Christmas guys.