2 things!?

HellBound

Aug 24, 2006
ok first off how do i go about finding out what size the rear is in my 89 lx. the owners manual states that there is a 7.5 and a 8.8 . now i got underneith and got the code off the i.d tag on the pumpkin but where do i go from there. like i had asked in the other post about (lunging when shifting) im gonna try and see if my pinion gearor anything else is out of wack.

secondly i have a 5 speed that i lostthe peedometeg gear on the output shaft of the tranny. i was told that there r 4 differant color gears for this application and im lost as to which one i need. now the one on the end of the cable going to speedometer is black. i dont know the colors of the ones from from the output shaft.

any and help would be great. believe me i have ALOT more questions that i need to ask about this car so please bare w/ me. Thank You

Respectfully,
HellBound

• Sponsors (?)

Rear is 7.5" with either 3.45 or 3.73 gears.

Search google for speedometer gear colors and you should find a calculator to tell you...I can't remember what color the ones I've seen have been...black I believe...but my speedo cable gears were white.