200,000 Miles Is Their A Point

Vince89

Jul 9, 2016
I have a extremely reliable 2000 V6 mustang with a almost perfect body and alot of new parts that i replaced suspension/brakes/new engine parts/tires/emissions over haul/ but it has original transmission and engine but with this many miles should i even bother in my project?

• Sponsors (?)

What does your project consist of?

And how is the transmission and engine holding up now?

...and, this thread might end up being moved to the proper section since you have a 2000 and this is posted in the 2015+ section. Just a heads-up. That way, it'd probably get the proper attention.

I really just want to get it in good working order with some minor mods but im stilll just preparing the car itself but i retired it as my daily driver so i can focus on her. The transmission just went out the 1st gear is burned out it just passed 208000 miles and I the best price I got on a rebuild was 1950$ with warranty. That's pretty much what' the cars worth but I've already replaced about 4000 in parts and the engine and body are in decent shape. I feel like if I buy another one it' just gonna be a different list of head aches. But idk

I feel like if I buy another one it' just gonna be a different list of head aches. But idk[/QUOTE]

Been there done that, hard to tell when to throw in the towel sometimes. I just price a new car and then I always feel better.

Reactions: 2 users
I really just want to get it in good working order with some minor mods but im stilll just preparing the car itself but i retired it as my daily driver so i can focus on her. The transmission just went out the 1st gear is burned out it just passed 208000 miles and I the best price I got on a rebuild was 1950$ with warranty. That's pretty much what' the cars worth but I've already replaced about 4000 in parts and the engine and body are in decent shape. I feel like if I buy another one it' just gonna be a different list of head aches. But idk

You're already beyond the point of no return. Drive it until the wheels fall off of it. Instead of spending 1950 on a replacement, spend $2500 on an upgrade. Put a trans in that car that you will have to hand down to your kids and drive it like you stole it every day you're in it.

Use that trans to help break the motor. That'll be the next upgrade. :nice:

Be ready when it lets go.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright I did the trans rebuild for 1450$. Shifting beautifully now. The next thing is I got a shot gun size hole in my exhaust manifold ( apparently very common for the new edge stangs) I want to buy the bbk shorty headers for a replacement along with a cold air intake. Would it be unwise to add these mods to a engine with over 200,000 miles with out a rebuild first?? Im just worried about stressing out the engine. But besides the exhaust leak it runs strong.

Alright I did the trans rebuild for 1450$. Shifting beautifully now. The next thing is I got a shot gun size hole in my exhaust manifold ( apparently very common for the new edge stangs) I want to buy the bbk shorty headers for a replacement along with a cold air intake. Would it be unwise to add these mods to a engine with over 200,000 miles with out a rebuild first?? Im just worried about stressing out the engine. But besides the exhaust leak it runs strong.

Not at all, no extra strain on anything but your wallet.