2000 3.8 Fuse block

tloughrin

Oct 23, 2009
I have a 2000 3.8. One of my headlights does not work. I jumped it out to get it to work. I know the problem is in the fuse block. When i touch it the locks go nuts, then i have to keep playing with it to get them to work fine. My mechanic told me the whole block needs to be replaced (I know there is corrosion back there).
I have looked all over the internet and can not find a used one or even a new one.

Has anyone had this experience or anything like it?

If i did find the fuse block would it be something i would be able to replace my self?

Please help

• Sponsors (?)

Post does not state which fuse panel (engine bay or driver's kick panel).

Further, have you tried cleaning with electrical contact cleaner and re-greasing with a light coat of silcone di-electric grease (same kind used on spark plugs)? It may be necessary to dis-assemble the box to get full access for a proper cleaning. Remember to disconnect the battery negative before working.

Likely there is moisture from some where that is the trigger for this problem.

If replacement is truely necessary, try car-part.com for possible salvage donor cars. IMPORTANT: get the replacement from the same model year and engine as your car.

Its under dash fuse block.The fuses actually push the wires out of the back of the fuse block. When i took the cover off there were small pieces falling out of the box, so i think cleaning wont help.

That site was great
Thanks For the info.