2000 3.8 starts missing after short rest

Korb

Jun 1, 2008
Hi, I have a 2000 Convertible, 3.8 V6...
When I first start up and go it runs fine. When I park for a short while (say to go to the store) and come back out it starts fine, but begins to miss fire. If I let it rest for a longer time - it acts normal again. It has not been abnormally hot, 75 degrees here. Thought it might be vapor lock... but it has not been that warm.

I have done the following:
>SeaFoamed it (as a gas additive, not through fuel rail)
>Check the MAF (and cleaned)
>New air filter
>Changed gas filter
>flushed cooling system

And it still acts the same.
Could it be DPFE sensor going bad?

It does through a code, and had Autozone check - they said it was missing on Cylinder 2.. weird though how it only starts missing the second startup after a short rest.

Any ideas? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

just throwing this out there but have you replaced or checked your spark plugs in awhile? Also what about checking the coil and the plug wires? Not sure if that would cause it but i had a car that would miss like yours and when i changed the coil and spark plug wires it stopped.

I would check the temp sensor. Not the sender for the guage but the sensor for the computer. It tells the computer the temp and if it isn't reading correctly it will make the computer adjust and can cause such problems. If you have repair manual it should give the specs on it if not let me know I will looking it up on my michelle one for you. You will need a voltmeter (battery operated one). Hope this helps.