2000 3.8 with high clutch peddal release

P-51D

Apr 29, 2005
Hi everyone, this is my first post in the V-6 section. My son just got a 2000 3.8 coupe with 5 sp. The car is in great shape with 41K miles on it. I have a '03 GT 5sp and when comparing V-6 the clutch peddal travel to mine, it seems to release very high in it's travel. There doesn't seem to be any slippage and power seems good. I've also seen some reviews of this tranny engine combo in mustangs with the same comments regarding high clutch peddal release. Is this normal? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

P-51D said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post on in the V-6 section. My son just got a 2000 3.8 coupe with 5 sp. The car is in great shape with 41K miles on it. I have a '03 GT 5sp and when comparing V-6 the clutch peddal travel to mine, it seems to release very high in it's travel. There doesn't seem to be any slippage and power seems good. I've also seen some reviews of this tranny engine combo in mustangs with the same comments regarding high clutch peddal release. Is this normal? Thanks

ideally the clutch should begin to grab about 2" or so off the floor... as long as the clutch seems to grab pretty well, then it means you may just need to adjust it a little bit to grab lower. Check out mustangtuning.com and pick up a firewall adjuster