2000 cobra R Clone with a 94 cobra, Bad IDEA?

just look at the setup on my mustang and u will see that the front bumper looks at him but it gets destroyed all the time driving it i am in the process of building another SR 500 but yellow this time and i am NOT going to use the 00 r bumper but a 04 front buper this time

• Sponsors (?)

srdracingkevin said:
just look at the setup on my mustang and u will see that the front bumper looks at him but it gets destroyed all the time driving it i am in the process of building another SR 500 but yellow this time and i am NOT going to use the 00 r bumper but a 04 front buper this time

lol, could you use some punctuation, please? it's annoying to have to read the post as one single sentence when it really isn't.

I just really hate those spoilers...i dont really like them on 99+ cars and on ours...they just dont fit in. Our lines are curvy like stated above...that spoiler is meant for their cars. Not ours IMO.

I like the rest of the kit.

I like the looks of this car (Y2K Cobra clone), but I am kinda bias. At least it is a real cobra.

My Cobra.jpg

Those 2 cobras are not the same. I dunno whos is posted in this thread. But the other is my buddy Erics. Go to HouseofBoost.com and you'll see his there. Hes the one in the video running the 14.2. They are different cars. Both are badass though.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
Those 2 cobras are not the same. I dunno whos is posted in this thread. But the other is my buddy Erics. Go to HouseofBoost.com and you'll see his there. Hes the one in the video running the 14.2. They are different cars. Both are badass though.

Jeremy

Wow, 2 beautiful cars that are nearly identical. Those guys have good taste for sure, though.

Ram000 said:
holy crap, clark, who made that bumper? that's the first cobra-r bumper i see that matches the body lines of the side scoop. abc or cervinis?
well i think that it helps that they used those side skirts. It helped make a straight line clear to the scoops which helped match up the body lines...

69clark said:
I like the looks of this car (Y2K Cobra clone), but I am kinda bias. At least it is a real cobra.

My Cobra.jpg

I really like that car... I think you have to have a lighter color for the front 00r bumper or other wise it doesn't look right..

I had started to change my my mind till i saw that car. But now i i know there is another one out there so that kinda sucks... lol

I don't know if its the hood or the dark color but i hate this.

Attachments

• NESTERSD.jpg
    NESTERSD.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 131
moneypit94 said:
Things you can't get are the headlights to look like a 2000+ cars, fenders, and rear bumper. (You can get aftermarket finders that might look cool, aftermarket smoked or black headlights, and im not really sure what to do about the rear bumper?)
What do you guys think.

Actually you can get the smoked headights for SN95 like the '01 and up cars have and they look pretty cool. But I think you should stick with the body lines of the SN and not apply the new edge stuff as it may look out of place. Plus, SN cobras just look cool with no help whatsoever!
Tim

man, this whole topic is such a disappointment. i think the 2000 cobra-r is one of the sickest mustangs ever built and it's nice that they made a kit out there for us, ideally... however, as i and many of us have mentioned, the body lines and the body style don't really match up. it's a shame, too, because it's such an aggressive look. we've just gotta work with what we've got.

clark's done an awesome job with finding a bumper that matches the door scoop lines.

the only way i'd go with cobra-r now would be with that bumper that clark's got plus some saleen sideskirts--though the saleen skirts don't go down far enough to match the bottom line of the side of the bumper.

damnet, everytime i realize that the cobra-r doen't really work on our cars it bumbs me out...