2000 Ford Mustang Gt 4.6 - Waterpump

Misti

Jun 23, 2019
Doniphan Mo
I was having trouble with a winding noise from my car. I thought it was a pulley. I actually replaced the tensioner pulley and I thought that did the trick! But to find out My water pump is Bad! I'm not sure what the difference between the 2 but the parts store offers a performance water pump and a regular. How do I know what to buy? Also How hard is this to change out?

• Sponsors (?)

offers a performance water pump and a regular. How do I know what to buy?
Let me ask you this. How many Mustangs with 4.6 modular motors? How many other cars/trucks do you think Ford makes also with Modular 4.6's? Millions? How many of those motors came from Ford with a "performance" water pump?

I recommend getting a high quality "stock" unit.

How hard is this to change out?
Anybody capable of swapping out a dash heater core should find a water pump swap almost a walk in the park.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me ask you this. How many Mustangs with 4.6 modular motors? How many other cars/trucks do you think Ford makes also with Modular 4.6's? Millions? How many of those motors came from Ford with a "performance" water pump?

I recommend getting a high quality "stock" unit.

Anybody capable of swapping out a dash heater core should find a water pump swap almost a walk in the park.
So You are Very Correct! The water Pump was an easy fix! I only struggle with getting the old one off! What a complete nightmare! Once I had it off then it was very simple to put the New One in! While I was doing that I also changed out the Serpentine Belt and cleaned the engine! I also checked hoses and all other pulleys for damage! Everything went very smooth! I added 2 pictures of my old water pump! Wow! It was Not looking so Good!
20200414_141415.jpg
20200414_141415.jpg

Reactions: 1 users