2000 GT - Drivers side valve cover breather hose

Good morning everyone. I recently bought a 2000 mustang gt with the 4.6 and I thought it had the pcv system deleted when I saw the two chrome breather filters, one on the drivers side valve cover and one on the large metal tube of my cold air intake going to the throttle body.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the pcv valve and it’s hose are intact, but the drivers side valve cover hose going to the intake tube is missing

With just a breather filter on the intake tube, wouldn’t that allow unmetered air in causing me to run lean?

Mainly wondering where I can buy that hose and the hard pipe that I’m missing. Everywhere I look I can’t find it, but I can very easily find the pcv hose.

Let me know what you guys think,

-Paul

• Sponsors (?)

Good morning everyone. I recently bought a 2000 mustang gt with the 4.6 and I thought it had the pcv system deleted when I saw the two chrome breather filters, one on the drivers side valve cover and one on the large metal tube of my cold air intake going to the throttle body.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the pcv valve and it’s hose are intact, but the drivers side valve cover hose going to the intake tube is missing

With just a breather filter on the intake tube, wouldn’t that allow unmetered air in causing me to run lean?

Mainly wondering where I can buy that hose and the hard pipe that I’m missing. Everywhere I look I can’t find it, but I can very easily find the pcv hose.

Let me know what you guys think,

-Paul
I am trying to find a hose also, it is breather hose from the driver side valve cover, it is a 90 degree bend.

Attachments

• IMG-4312.JPG
    IMG-4312.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 4,488
If you can't find what you need and don't have to worry about emission testing((won't pass visual) then since the PCV is in the other valve cover I believe, then get a push in filter/breather
K-N_62-1600BL_PIC_4_1_72.jpg
and cap off that line.

I haven't gone out to measure/look at mine, but the photo Peder posted looks a lot like a bypass hose would work...see if your local parts store can hook you up. Failing that, by replacing the straight nipple on the valve cover with a 90 degree, one could run a rubber hose the entire length (negating the need for the metal tube).

time out ppl.

what are you trying to fix? Is the car running like crap? You can go to autozone and find breather caps that fits the existing PCV and then get a rubber cap for the port on the intake tube. I ran my car like that for years.