2000 GT help identifying PI Intake

ancona46

Jun 27, 2018
nj
So I just picked up this car a 00GT and the previous owner wasnt sure of what mods have been done to it. So far I've found it has a BBK throttle body, what looks to be a BBK CAI , I'm curious if from looking at this photo can anyone tell if the intake has been PI swapped? And if so is there any way to tell if the heads and cam were also done?

Attachments

• 20180625_183852.jpg
    20180625_183852.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 202
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm curious if from looking at this photo can anyone tell if the intake has been PI swapped?
A 1999-2000 Mustang GT came from the factory with a 4.6 SOHC Windsor iron block with PI heads. Since the original motor had a full plastic intake. So the fact there's an intake with a metal cross over means the intake has been swapped.

IMO it doesn't make sense that someone would attempt to install a non-PI intake on a PI motor. It doesn't fit and likely wouldn't run well. So given it runs well it seems reasonable to me it has a PI intake currently on it.

Reactions: 1 users
It could be the PO replaced the original all plastic intake with a later model (with metal crossover) from a salvage yard ...note yellow marker common in salvage inventory operations. Photos look like my 2K PI Windsor. ((Obtw, I pointed out the coolant leak at the thermo housing on mine to the PO when I purchased it...he said "what coolant leak"...LOL...the metal crossover is the way to go.)) Cheers!