2000 gt won't crank

jhox08

Sep 10, 2018
Kansas
Hi all, I recently gutted my interior, including my dash and now ol' girl will not crank, I get nothing when I try to start her...my headlights, wipers, instrument cluster, passenger window get power, fuel pump kicks on but no interior lights or radio and she won't crank...I've checked all fuses and have power to all except 5 in the interior fuse box...the 5 fuses without power are numbers 6 (starter motor relay), 35 (shift lock actuator, PCM, speed control servo, abs module), 37 (radio, a/c-heater control illumination, rear window defrost control switch, overdrive cancel switch, instrument cluster, fog lamp swithc), 38 (high beam headlamps) and 41 (multifunction switch/stoplamps)...I've ruled out a PATS issue as my theft light proves out after 3 seconds with the key in the on position, battery is new and I did not have any error codes pop up when I did the instrument cluster diagnostic test...could it be the ignition switch, a bad PCM, any help is greatly appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

Check fuse F1.3 confirm power in and out.

Check fuse F2.6 with the key in the crank position. Confirm power in and out. Use a known good ground. Better yet use a test light to "load" the circuit.

What to do next depends upon this test result.

If no power F2.6 look for an ignition switch "issue" or power problem upstream.

If power in F2.6 then some trouble shooting of the neutral safety circuits (NSS).

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/for...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271