2000 mustang, engine bogs down and surges while steady on accelerater please help!!

For a few months now my check engine light has been on. I have done computer codes all emission codes. O2 sensors replaced. EGR valve replaced. Gas cap replaced. Changed oil and fuel filter. As of yesterday the light flashes and it surges all the time. It bogs at lights then takes off like normal. I have noticed a smell not burning electrical but a hot smell coming from i believe the engine not all the time. Could be a whole a nother issue. Would appreciate any suggestions. There are 3 parts im trying to decide to start with. Purge evap canister, fuel pump, fuel injectors. Anybody had a simular issue and replaced one of these parts and it worked please please let me know. Otherwise it could on here up for sale. Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

As of yesterday the light flashes and it surges all the time.
The flashing check engine light means there's an active misfire occurring. Always start with misfire.

It would help if you were to post the full DTC codes. There are 1,000's and they each have a story to tell.

Very rarely would an EVAP problem cause a drveability problem.

I don't recommend "parts changing" as a primary means of trouble shooting. Try instead to test and think.

Reactions: 1 user