2000 seat to 94 power seat wiring?

Navi Man

Jun 13, 2002
Northwest
I have 1994 Mustang GT that I purchased some 2000 GT leather seats to put into it. The 94 has a two prong wire coming out of the floor and the 2000 seat has a 4 prong connector. I have seen posts that say it can be done but need to know which wire to connect up. It will be easy to figure which is the hot coming out of the car but where does the hot wire go into on the 4 prong? Is it true that the 4 prong has 2 power leads going into it? What's the best way to wire and how do I know which prong is for what on the 4 prong. Are there 2 power leads and 2 ground leads on the 4 prong?

Also on the 2000 seats it has the seat belt attached where as the 94 has the seat belt attached to the body of the car by the console. Which one would be best to eliminate? I really don't care about the door chime but if it's easy enough to retain it I would rather go that route.

• Sponsors (?)

theres still only a negative and positive side on the seats, but your newer seat just has more of each, so the positives need to be spliced together into one and then connected to the cars single positive.. no big deal at all