2000 V6 Misfire

Ryanh19

Dec 14, 2016
Hello,
The other day I got into my car to drive to work and immediately something did not seem right. The car seemed to be shaking a lot but I went and continued onto work. Immediately upon driving, power seemed way down and the car was misfiring and was backfiring the whole drive. After the drive I went and scanned for codes. The codes that showed were:

P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire detected
P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input
P0001 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open

I am not exactly sure what it could be or where I should start looking but so far I have done:

New Spark plugs
Checked Plug wires and Coil Pack
Fuel rail pressure sensor is only a few months old

Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input
P001 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open

One of the DTC codes is missing a digit.

My suggestion. Focus first on the fuel pressure sensor problem. The PCM can't work correctly if it's not getting a solid accurate fuel pressure sensor value. Look first for a wiring issue right at the FRPS. Bent or pushed pins. Dirty connector. Broken wires. Inspect the entire motor harness looking for evidence of wring harness damage, rodent activity, water damage.

One of the DTC codes is missing a digit.

My suggestion. Focus first on the fuel pressure sensor problem. The PCM can't work correctly if it's not getting a solid accurate fuel pressure sensor value. Look first for a wiring issue right at the FRPS. Bent or pushed pins. Dirty connector. Broken wires. Inspect the entire motor harness looking for evidence of wring harness damage, rodent activity, water damage.

Sorry about that. Must have not saw that when I first posted. The code is P0001. As for the FRPS, I will go inspect the wiring and update with what I find. Thank you

Ok, So I have went out and checked the wiring for the FRPS and went along and checked the whole harness. There does not appear to be any wiring issues on the harness. I also have some pictures of the FRPS and the wiring for that

https://imgur.com/gallery/oVT23

Well. If you are certain there aren't any wiring faults then likely the FRPS is bad.

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (FRP)

The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail.
  • FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR.
  • FRP signal open (gasoline only)
  • Low fuel pressure (NG only)
  • Damaged FRP sensor.
  • Damaged PCM.
  • High fuel pressure (caused by damaged fuel pressure regulator) NG.