2001 Bullitt Owner In Dire Need Of Advice!

JordanTheFordMan

Dec 30, 2014
Hello I am new to this site and I am having a hell of a time with my 2001 Bullitt! I have had many people look at it and say different things, The problem i am having is I just bought it about 5 months ago and I owe a lot on it still but at this moment it is having problem after problem.. I drove it for about a month and everything was flawless! But then it all started..... I was driving home from work and it started bogging out bad under load in every gear, I got it home and it had a boggy/miss feel to it even when it was idling. I let it sit over night and then it was fine. I kept driving it and about every month for about 2-3 days out of the month it would non stop bog out. I finally started looking at things and noticed it was very low on oil after a fresh oil change. I took a look in the throttle body and noticed a TON of MOTOR oil (not air filter oil) in it. I cleaned it out and it kept doing its bogging out randomly thing. Then I started noticing that it was loosing about a quart of oil every week. It only smokes when its chilly out ( i dont drive it in winter) and it barely leaks any oil. I was told the crank case is pressurized but they don't think it needs pistons and rings otherwise it would bog out a lot more and not randomly like it does. Im at the point where I just want to sell it but I know it is a special car and I will never own another one. Any info would be muuuuuuch appreciated! 160,000 miles everything is stock. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)