2001 cobra proper coolant system burping?

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
I replaced the waterpump in my 01 cobra and my car started to overheat. I burped it from the reserve. Stupid I know. I watched the temp gauge but I guess it was inaccurate. My car started smoking ( running hot and burning oil) so I keyed off and called a buddy. I then took the full cap off of the crossover coolant pipe. I continued to fill the hard line until it was completely full and overflowing. So I capped that off and left the reserve off and ran it for 15 minutes. It hasn't over heated or smoked. My question is an I supposed to let it burp from the hard line? I was told that as long as It has fluid going to it to just cap it off and it'll self burp. It was overflowing when I capped it so hopefully it's good. It has stopped smoking but has a small miss so maybe a plug fouled. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. This is my first 4v so please take it easy on me with the roasting.

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely check every single plug well for liquid. Burp from the crossover. You might google this its tricky, a stealership can do it with a vacuum pump...

Reactions: 1 user