2001 fob question and cabin filter question

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Instead of making 2 posts I am going to ask 2 questions in one. First, A friend gave me his key fob because he sold his car. The fob is programmed for the car he sold. Can it be erased and reprogrammed for my car? If there is any chance this could mess up my PATS trying to do this I do not even want to attempt it. Second, Do our cars have cabin filters? I looked on oreilly's website and there is no listing for them. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

2004 or older Mustangs do not have cabin air filters. I don't know about newer ones.

Programming a remote FOB for a Mustang is an end user procedure and will not affect PATS. Go for it. Be sure to have all of the FOB's available at the same time. I believe that the procedure erases all of the FOB's and then re-adds them. So if there are additional FOB's not present they will no longer work.

Some advanced ODB2 scanners can allow more flexibility regarding key FOB programming. For example on some GM's my autoenginuity allows individual key FOBs to be erased and re-programmed. I can't answer this for the Mustang. I have always used the procedure in the owner's manual.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user