2001 GT, clean! or...... please help!

• Sponsors (?)

You're kidding right??

I've always thought of T/A and Camaro's interiors as being hideous. :notnice:
no, not at all, the seats actually are very deep buckets, like a corvette, instead of a flat seat like the mustangs have had.... the 6-speed is really nice to have.... and the t-tops, and the overall feel, the monsoon sound system, everything about it is so comfortable and "sporty" feeling to me....

but, I know, everyone likes different things and thats what makes the world go round....

I should'nt say the interior "is" better, I should say "I" like it better, and thats just personal taste I guess!!!!!! to me, it has the feel of an expensive sports car.... I don't like the later model camaro's body at all, but the T/A I love....

thanks!

it's a 6-speed. (that was a big plus to me)

the car was a carfaxed 1-owner car, has 61,000 miles (for a 7 year old car, not bad) - and not one door ding... the rubber around the t-tops is perfect, it was garaged and never taken out in any kind of bad weather... I figured since my 5.0 had 134,000 miles, this car would last me, and it's so much more comfortable to drive.

now about the wheels, someone help me out here...

if I was to go and buy new wheels, I would never buy 20's (these are 235/35 ZR 20 tires....)

however, in person, the car actually looks pretty good IMO... but... since the bigger wheels have a "gangster" stigma about them, I am not opposed to doing something different, but what to do.... I could probably sell these for enough to buy something else? since these are brand new?

17" torque thrust II :drool:
(17x9.5 front, 17x11 rear)
SteveRender.jpg

June99.JPG

Im lost here.... what was the hp rating on a stock T/A versus a stock stang? I mean I know the ws6 equiped t/a's were at like 320 same as the ss cameros but I thought the reg. t/a's were closer to that ratings of a stang gt? And with the torque thrusts on there seems to me like you would be getting ridiculed about trying to impersonate a stang. Any who congrats on the purchase just saves more stangs for us to mod......

I've had several F-bodies and the biggest thing with them is that they are much harder to modify than the Mustang.
For example, you are EXTREMELY limited on exhaust choices because they come with single exhaust from the factory with dual tips, and if you put true duals on them, you lose all ground clearance. Also, they don't respond quite as well to mods as Mustangs do.
Personally, I think the Mustang's have a better bang for the buck, but the F-bods are definitely a lot of fun. Congrats!

I know im coming into this thread a little late but i woulda went with the gt.and my friend has the same trans and with a few mods and i pulled him not once but 5 times on the highway about a week ago and i have no nitrous or blower.so gts can beat trans ams and they look better while doing it.to each their own i guess.dont agree a bit about the interior either.good luck with it.if your worried about going fast id suggest ditching those hp eating 20" rims too haha.

i dont know if it matters but i just noticed that is a regular trans am and not a ws6.my friends that i beat was a ws6.

Im lost here.... what was the hp rating on a stock T/A versus a stock stang? I mean I know the ws6 equiped t/a's were at like 320 same as the ss cameros but I thought the reg. t/a's were closer to that ratings of a stang gt? And with the torque thrusts on there seems to me like you would be getting ridiculed about trying to impersonate a stang. Any who congrats on the purchase just saves more stangs for us to mod......

I looked up the specs, the stock horsepower is 305 on the T/A (the non-WS6), and 260 on a 2000 Mustang GT, but it's not all about horsepower, the Mustang's gears are 2.73, and a 5-speed transmission, the T/A has 3.42 gears and a 6-speed, that combined makes the T/A a lot faster stock vs. stock. I can't wait to get rid of the 20" wheels, I've been told that actually isnt good for performance.

I looked up the specs, the stock horsepower is 305 on the T/A (the non-WS6), and 260 on a 2000 Mustang GT, but it's not all about horsepower, the Mustang's gears are 2.73, and a 5-speed transmission, the T/A has 3.42 gears and a 6-speed, that combined makes the T/A a lot faster stock vs. stock. I can't wait to get rid of the 20" wheels, I've been told that actually isnt good for performance.

I think the 2000 GT has 327's??? U should definately ditch the 20's & get some 18" C6 Z06 wheels....