2001 Gt K Memeber Which Is Best

2001 greenGT

Mar 30, 2009
Hi guys I'm gonna be doing long tubes on my cammed gt and while I'm at it I want to do a aftermarket k member. From what I'm hearing is that some will ride rough or make like a clunk noise. The only thing is I cant afford a maximum motorsports unit but I also like the way the car sits so I would like to keep my ford racing springs please help. If you guys have any suggestions please respond.

• Sponsors (?)

I looked into a lot of kmembers while I was considering switching to one. I didn't want to do a coil over conversion so I looked around at all the other kmembers. Basically what I found is MM and Griggs were the best, MM was better for a street car because it is a bit beefier and wont fail over time. Griggs was lighter and better for a track only car but have been prone to eventual failure because they are built to be as light as possible.

All of the other kmembers I've looked at had bad reputations and basically were not worth the time. Some I just heard bad things about and others I've seen bad things happen with.

Bottom line, I'd say don't mess around with kmembers unless you want to go all the way on the MM.