2001 Laser Red GT

Hi,

I am the father of a daughter who purchased a mint 2001 GT. It had just over 50k miles and was as close to new as you could get. Never saw rain or snow until it saw rain with my daughters purchase. She paid cash and it is her baby.

She recently hit some ice on a cold morning after rain and slid off the road casing considerable front end damage mainly to the lower radiator support. It did however rip the sway bar out of the frame on the driver's side. Und=fortunately she hit something sticking up in a yard that did the damage.

Hoping maybe the stangnet can help us put her baby back on the road. Still runs and steers but needs a lot of help.

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

We may be able to lend some direction here.

Can you supply some pictures of the actual damage?

How mechanical are you?
Do you have a Pull A Part Yard Close to you?
Are you going to do this work yourself if its possible?

Welcome to Stangnet.

We may be able to lend some direction here.

Can you supply some pictures of the actual damage?

How mechanical are you?
Do you have a Pull A Part Yard Close to you?
Are you going to do this work yourself if its possible?
I will post some pictures. I am wondering if just the lower section that doesn't really do much can just be replaced.
RAD Support 4.jpeg
RAD Support 3.jpeg
RAD Support 2.jpeg
RAD Support 1.jpeg

That is the Radiator Support that is the issue. Yes it can be fixed correctly with this item.

Depending on your skill level, you can buy the part and install it, go to a pull a part and cut off what you need then weld it in or use a tree and a come along to see how straight you can make it.

No :poo:, I did this with a honda accord.

That is the Radiator Support that is the issue. Yes it can be fixed correctly with this item.

Depending on your skill level, you can buy the part and install it, go to a pull a part and cut off what you need then weld it in or use a tree and a come along to see how straight you can make it.

No :poo:, I did this with a honda accord.
I found the part. I was thinking maybe I could buy the entire radiator support and just do the bottom part. Doable? I really I would like to get it on a frame machine before I do any cutting and welding.

Do you know where I can get the frame blueprint/measurements to make sure all is correct before I start cutting?

That sort of data is something a collision shop would have.

2001 should have same dims as 2004

Good luck. Hopefully you can bring that car back/.

That sort of data is something a collision shop would have.

2001 should have same dims as 2004

Good luck. Hopefully you can bring that car back/.
Is there such a thing as an assembly manual for a 2001 Mustang? I know there is for older Mustangs.