2001 V6 High Idle/Stuck Throttle. Help please!

Hi everyone! I really need some help here. I have a 2001 V6 stock. Recently my valve cover gaskets were leaking so I decided to replace them. In the process I also replaced the spark plugs, wires, and did an oil change. After all was said and done I hooked everything back up and started it. When it started the RPMs go up to about 2,300 and gradually decrease but never going below 1,000. When I just tapped the gas pedal the RPMs hover around 2,300 again and stays there for a little while then goes back down. Here's what I tried so far:

Cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner making sure it wouldn't get into the electrical parts. Same result.
Replaced the IAC with a new one. Same result.
Unplugged the IAC and started the engine, it ran like it should.
Turned off the engine and plugged the IAC back in. Back to the same results.

Update: Replaced the IAC again and the MAF. Same results. Going to attempt to replace the TPS next.

Another Update: Replaced the TPS. The problem has gotten worse. Now the RPMs while starting go to approx. 3500 and drop to 1500. Without touching the gas pedal it raises back to 3500, hovers there for a second, then drops back down to 1500. I'm really at a loss on this one.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)