2001GT vs 2001 BMW M3 vert

I've ran some searches on this and couldn't find anything.

Any thoughts on how my car would hold up against my bosses car?

I have recently installed 3.73's and have a few other bolt on's listed below.

I have manual tranny and though I don't go to the track I think I launch pretty well. We've never went head to head off of a stop light, but I have always caught up to him on the highway before my gear install.

To be honest, now I think I could take him! Maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't sure what these cars run.

I like his M3's, think these are pretty nice, quick cars, but I need bragging rights.

• Sponsors (?)

i hope by stoplight u mean staging tree at a local drag strip. racing on the highway and from stop lights is just plain stupid. A friend of mine was killed by two idiotic people racing from a stoplight. be smart. go to a drag strip with both the cars. pay the fee and go at it at the track.

Uhh...yeah.

Like I said we've never raced from a steet stoplight.

And of course if we actually ever go at it... We'll head to the track.

What I need to know, theoretically, if it ever happened... hypothetically...

What the result might be... What are my chances... What these cars run on average.

If anyone that knows has any input, it's greatly appreciated.

p.s. Sorry about your friend, seriously.

And here you go.. the specs on the 2001 BMW M3

3,246 cc 3.2 liters 6 in-line front engine with 87 mm bore, 91 mm stroke, 11.5 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
Premium unleaded fuel
Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 10.2
Multi-point injection fuel system
Main 63 liter premium unleaded fuel tank
Power: SAE and 248 kW , 333 HP @ 7,900 rpm; 262 ft lb , 355 Nm @ 4,900 rpm

I raced a 05 M3 on a track when i went. If i remember I had him by maybe half a car. I think they run somewhere in the mid to high 13's i know i saw a bone stock M3 put down 295rwhp and was pretty impressed. My gf has an 05 as well and those things move. I think it would be drivers race really. For comparison to mine and your mods my mods are in the sig.

and +1 on not racing from a roll.... cause you will have your butt handed to you, and +10000000000 on not racing on the street. Yes ive done it before when i was younger but wont do it now. After seeing all the accidents and crap from them.

Ive see nthe m3 running anywhere from 13.4-13.8. which is still pretty fast for a stock gt. you do have some mods though i think his car is still faster. he has 290 at the wheels you might have 240. i think he wins unless he sucks at driving

first of all, dont even think about racing him around the twisties. he will win, hands down, every time.

straightline, lets compare (these specs are off the top pf my head since i dont feel like searching)

M3:
~3150 lbs w/o driver
333 hp 262 tq ~300 rwhp and 250 tq
revs to 8k RPM
6spd close ratio tranny

GT
~3400 lbs w/o driver
~245 rwhp (with your mods)
5spd reving to 6k

on paper, the M3 wins straightline.

every time ive raced my dad (in his stock 03 M3, save for a short shifter) its mostly the same results each time.

i can get the launch on him by about 1/2 car lenth b/c my car is easier to drive plus i have 4.10s. once i shift to second he catches up b/c hes still revving the piss outta the car. by third hes pulling me pretty good. top of 4th (100mph), hes got about 2-3 cars on me.

here are my mods:

Performance
-K&N FIPK
-Ported and Polished FRPP 70mm Throttle Body
-Ported and Polished C&L Plenum
-Steeda Timing Adjuster at 15*
-MAF Screen removed
-Custom Ram Air Induction

Exhaust
-UPR O/R X-Pipe
-Mac Flowpath Mufflers Dumped

Drivetrain
-FRPP 4.10 Gears
-Moser 31 Spline Axles
-Torsen T2 Limited Slip Posi-Trac Differential
-Motive Bearing Kit
-TA Differential Cover
-Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
-SPEC Stg 2 Clutch
-UPR Firewall Adjuster
-UPR Clutch Cable
-Pro 5.0 Quick Release Quadrant
-Maximum Motorsports Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster

Suspension
-Tokico Premium Shocks/Struts
-Eibach Sportline Springs (2" drop)
-Pro3i C/C Plates
-Custom Welded Full Lenth Subframe Connectors
-HPM Mega Bite Jr. Upper Control Arms
-HPM Mega Bite Jr. Lower Control Arms
-Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
-Steeda Tubular Front Swaybar
-Steeda Strut Tower Brace
-Steeda G-Trac Bar
-Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Rack Bushings
-Polyurethane Bushings all around
-Aggressive Alignment with -2.0* Camber

Front Brakes
-Brembo 13" Slotted Rotors
-Cobra 10th Anniversary Red PowderCoated Calipers
-EBC Red Stuff Ceramic Brake pads
-Russel SS Brake Lines
-Russel Speed Bleeders
-ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 5 Brake Fluid

Rear Brakes
-Brembo Slotted Rotors (Stock size)
-EBC Metallic Brake Pads

Wheels/Tires
-18"x9" 00 Cobra R wheels
-275/35/18 BFGoodrich G Force Sport

He will destroy you and he will do it in style.

You do not want to beat your boss anyways.

Resist the old men who will always try to bait you into verbal pissing contests about their benzs, caddys, lincolns or whatever. Once they see that they can get a rise out of you they will yank your chain about it forever

Instead just smile at them and say "there is always someone faster"

It's not a driver's race, it the M3. The only way it's a driver's race is if he sucks. I've raced 2 of these, one was a tool i know from college who couldnt drive his car too well at all and that race was from a dig and i barely got him - he was pulling on my hard before i slowed down. The next time i raced one it was against a guy who can really, i mean really, drive. He spanked me by 2.5 cars, all it had was a cat-back. These things wine really high, thier power comes on really late, so if you do race him definitly do it from a dig.

They are fast cars...you will get destroyed. They are about as fast as my GT was N/A (292RWHP 3250#s...12.79 @108.8) ...on the FULL street setup I went 13.20 @ 106.X. I was always a bit nervious when i would see one, because I knew I would have to be on the the top of my game. I never got the chance to run one though. :shrug:

the 01 m3 coupe is actualy heavier than an 01 gt mustang coupe by quite a bit, and the vert m3 is even heavier.

01 M3 Vert: 3781 lbs.
01 GT COupe: 3273 lbs.

my dad had an 01 m3 coupe and it was fast... i drove both my car and the m3 back to back and the m3 actually felt a tiny bit quicker than my car with midpipe, catback, tb, plenum, CAI. The thing revs soo fast in comparison to the 4.6.

Seems like a close drivers race with the m3 having only a little edge cosidering the vert is considerably heavier.....and yes i've seen some freak coupe m3's run 12.9's stock. it's hit or miss when you buy them, but one thing is for sure, they get traction!

the 01 m3 coupe is actualy heavier than an 01 gt mustang coupe by quite a bit

01 M3 Vert: 3781 lbs.
01 GT COupe: 3273 lbs.

my dad had an 01 m3 coupe and it was fast... i drove both my car and the m3 back to back and the m3 actually felt a tiny bit quicker than my car with midpipe, catback, tb, plenum, CAI. The thing revs soo fast in comparison to the 4.6.

Seems like a close drivers race with the m3 having only a little edge cosidering the vert is considerably heavier.....and yes i've seen some freak m3's run 12.9's stock. it's hit or miss when you buy them, but one thing is for sure, they get traction!

ah, i overlooked where the original poster said the M3 was a vert. havier, but still going to beat a semi-stock mustang.