2002 6 cd changer problem

lyndaray

Nov 15, 2018
Royston, GA
My 6 disc cd changer has stopped working. It says CD Error - won't play or eject cds. I did everything that was suggested on the internet. Nothing worked. I ordered a remanufactured one and installed it. The new radio has all of my preset radio stations and even says cd error. But there are no cds in it. Weird Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on above.
The new radio has all of my preset radio stations and even says cd error.
^^^The same radio presets? Does that seem odd to you? Did you get from a local vendor? Is there any possibility that the original radio was re-installed by mistake?

Of course there are many people out there that would say no matter what that it's only a matter of time before the stock unit fails.

Reactions: 1 user
I messed with the 6changer in my F250 for a bit...then changed it to a unit with all bells and whistles plus a USB port (don't look back). AND I gained a nifty pocket/shelf to boot. When the GT's cd dies (coming soon) I'm ditching the whole kit and kaboodle for the same thing I have in the F250. My 2 cents.

Btw...did the installer put in your presets? If not, they should have cleared when power was disconnected----and a newly installed unit should have had no presets. Mine definitely cleared every time I unhooked it or disconnected the battery...your situation very strange as described.

Granddaughter says "hit W" wwwwwwwwww...she's learning to spell...wwwwwwwwwW. Cheers.