2002 GT Convertible Questions

bridge4d

Oct 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Last March I bought an '02 convertible GT off of a ford dealer used lot. I've noticed a few things while doing basic maintenance that don't seem consistent with the stock literature. I was hoping you guys could help answer some questions I have.

1. The car is louder than other 'stangs and today while changing the fuel filter I figured out why. One of the mufflers says "Flowmaster" on it. The other does not. Does Flowmaster stamp their name on both sides of their mufflers? I'm wondering if the previous owner just wanted a little extra sound but no so much to warrant two FM mufflers.

2. There are sub frame connectors that are bolted on just forward of the differential extending about 4 feet forward. Were these stock on convertibles? There is also a black "X" shaped connector in the front directly below the engine. I don't see it in any of the Alldata schematics.

3. There is what I think is a sway/stabilizer bar in the back that runs the length of the axel, about two inches below and behind the axel which prevents the use of the axel as a jacking point. Was this stock on the GT? I ask because, like above, it's not in the schematics from Alldata.

Any input appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

lol... mismatches mufflers woudl be pretty gay, i can see flowing problems

i don't think there were sfc stock on anything but the special edition stangs

your not meant to jack up your car with with the axle... i'll take a peak under my car and get back to you

1)I can't see anyone just replacing one muffler so I'd assume that the other is a FM as well just turned so the name can't be seen.
2)I know the x-brace is standard on convertibles but I don't know about the subframes.
3)Yes that's the factory rear anti-sway bar. The proper jackng point is at the pinch weld,along the side of the car about 4-6 inches in front of the rear wheel well.