Electrical 2002 Gt - Power Window 'short Drop' Issues

Hello and thank you for reading my post.. I am new to this site as I just purchased my first Mustang GT. Its a 2002 GT 4.6 2v. I am having an issue with the window glass hitting the top frame of the car when shutting the door. It is my understanding that the window is supposed to drop down a little in order for the window to clear the frame and then pop back up once the door is shut. Is this a feature of my model year? I have researched and found nothing for this year... only 2005 and up. I have tried the same procedure for the new 2005 and up, (de-initailize/re-initialize; hold down, then up) but it doesn't seem to be working. I also downloaded and read the complete owners manual and found no information regarding how to reset the power windows... any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know, that is not a feature until 2005....there are stops inside the door that need to be adjusted....or you can do like I do on my convertible, close the door by pushing on the top of the glass instead of the door, and when inside the car, just roll it down a little before closing. ..

Thank you for the reply. I was guessing so. I couldn't find anything online related to my issue for the 2002. I was playing around with it today and found that if I stop the window right before it is fully up, the window seats just fine and seals properly. I'm going to just deal with it for now and fix my other issues... It has what I believe to be a bad hydraulic lifter. Ticks like crazy the warmer the engine gets. Also grinds going into second gear.. bad synchronizer from what I'm reading online... fun fun... Thanks again..