2002 Mustang Abs Light

Brian Popilek

Oct 18, 2012
Hello, I am hoping to find some help with my fiance's 2002 v-6 mustang. She has owned it for about a year now and shortly after she first got it the ABS light and Traction Control lights would intermittently come on and off. In the past 6 months however, both lights have stayed on solid. I finally had a chance to look it over today and am still a little stumped. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

I started today by using a code scanner on it, but when we got to the ABS section, it was unable to detect any faults. I then unhooked each wheel sensor and checked them with my multimeter while turning them. On the front 2 wheels, I had values between 1600-1900. On the back 2 wheel they were 1600-1800. Are these the correct for the sensors? If so, am I only left with the ABS control module?

I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks for reading!

• Sponsors (?)

Can anyone help? To make it a bit clearer, the values I posted above were in Ohms. I unhooked each wheel sensor from the car and tested across the pins to get the values. Also, I have verified that the brake fluid is at the proper level. Any other ideas someone may have? Thanks!